Dealer East Texas Dealers

/ East Texas Dealers #1  

Learjet

Tractor
2008 Kubota BX25
New to the board and will be buying my first tractor very soon. Right now I really like what I hear about the BX24. I have 14 acres of pine trees on slightly rolling land. Need to do a lotta brush clearing between the rows of trees so a small tractor is preferred. A couple acres are cleared and will need better grading and then regular mowing after I plant some Bermuda grass. Dirt driveway maintenance, stump removal and digging a small pond are planned. Retired so I have plenty of time but not a lotta dollars to spend. FEL, BH and MMM a must and probably an LP rear mower for the rough stuff. Questions: Am I on the right track with the BX24 choice? Kubota site say's the list price is about $19K w/o the rear mower. How much can I really expect to pay? Any recommendations on dealers in this area (Houston or Dallas is possible but closer would be Livingston, Huntsville or Crockett)? Great Forum - I've sure learned a lot. Any advice is appreciated - Thanks!!!

/ East Texas Dealers #2  
I'm in Dayton but bought my tractor from Lansdowne Moody in Houston. They were real friendly to work with. I really didn't compare prices much. Just went with the closest dealer. I bought the B26 with FEL and BH. I like the way the BH is integrated into the tractor. I have 4 acres but hurricane Ike and a tornado knocked down most of my 100+ year old trees - 3 foot in diameter. So far I have been able to cut up and move things around enough so I can burn up the stumps. I don't think there is a MMM available for this tractor though. If you're just clearing brush you should be in good shape with the BX.

/ East Texas Dealers #3  
LearJet

I also bought my Kubota from Lansdowne-Moody and enjoyed my dealings. There is another that I do not have personal experience with but you might check out. That is Allied Power Mart which has locations in Conroe and Splendora. I have seen their ads here in Bryan and the rices seem very good.

Vernon

/ East Texas Dealers #4  
crockett is a good place to look, they have large inventory if you haven't been there ......check it out.

/ East Texas Dealers #5  
I found the best prices and great service in Taylor Tx outside of Austin.
The owner's name is Ray. His number is: (512) 352-5549. He stood behind two bad tillers and made it right like no one else would do.

Happy hunting!

/ East Texas Dealers #6  
Learjet,

I own a BX 24, with a MMM. The price I paid in NYS was $16500 plus tax. As everyone on this site will tell you it is an awsome machine. It will do everything you you need it to do. I like it and rent it out to several contractors who need to dig trenches, and final grading near new homes. I do have a few gripes with the machine which is why I bought the B2920. First there is an abrupt "stop" when transitioning from reverse to forward. It is actually pretty bad to the point it can not be ignored. I hear this problem has been taken care of with the new BX25. Second with only high and low range I find the machine slow when moving heavy material across my property (I only own 3 acres). Third, I found the ground clearance to be a bit limiting. Fourth and probably the most important was the fact that I had to run the machine at near full throttle to get the power out of the hydraulic's (backhoe and loader). I found this to be annoying, and loud even with ear protection. This is why I rent it out.
That being said, the thing is bulletproof, great on fuel, and has a ton of mid PTO power. I have cut down thick grass in a field 2-3 feet high with no problem.
I think many of these problems I experienced have been taken care of with the new BX25. So please do no forget to price this machine as well. Many on this site recommend buying your "second" tractor first. I could not agree with this statement more. I ended up with a 2920 which I love. Quiet, smooth and powerful. If you have the cash, the 2630 and 3030 have exceptional hydraulic power and many elite features not found on many other machines. Good luck to you and please post pictures when you have made your final decision!