L2500

/ L2500 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Well I finally got one! I bought an L2500 with 53 hrs, a 5' woods blade, and a 5' woods rotery mower for $9000. Then I took it to my dealer and had a Woods loader with a 5' bucket installed for $2800. I am enjoing my machine. Put about 10hrs on it so far. trenched some ground for piping. Moved about 18ton of 1" limestone. Graded the birm of my new lane where there was extra soil. Filled a few low spots in the yard. Going to have to mow soon!

/ L2500 #2  
Congrats, cj-7!
smile.gif

Sounds like you got one heck of a deal! If it was handled with reasonalbe care, 53 hours means it ain't even broke in yet.

You're already finding what a good workhorse you've got there, and you're probably getting pretty comfortable with the manual shifting. Lots of fun times ahead. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Now all that's left is to register here so's you can show us some pictures.
wink.gif

/ L2500
cj-7, what part of the USA do you live in? A few months ago I looked at a used L2500 with a rear blade and brush hog with about 50 hrs and around $9200...... I was just wondering if it was the same machine. I ended up buying a new L3000DT with R4 tires, finish mower, and box scraper instead. The special financing and rebates sold me....

Take care!

/ L2500
I found the machine near Salem OH. It was actually closer to where Rt. 9 and Rt 30 meet, south of Salem. I live near Pittsburgh, PA.

/ L2500
Huh, small world. I looked at that very same tractor a few months ago. I live about 10 minutes from where the lady lives. Nice machine, practically brand new! I would have bought it except it had the ag tires (I wanted the grass friendly R4's) and I wanted a finish mower rather than a brush hog. Sounds like a good deal though.....she was willing to take $9250 when I looked at it.

Best of luck to ya. Let us know how you like it or if you have any questions.

/ L2500 #6  
Yeah the R-4s would be nice at times. As I am thinking of a finish mower in the future. Right now I have alot of grading and such to do. I have about 6 acres of field to mow with the rotary. I am selling my IH574 with a 7' hog. I know I will miss it for mowing the field. The L2500 is very handy for me and was afordable. I looked at new machines but of course they were more money. The loader I bought was discounted since it had been sitting for awhile on the lot. It is slightly weathered. Much less than a new one installed. I can also take this the L on my trailer. The IH was about max for the trailer. This is my third tractor. My first was a 1952 Ford 8N, 5' mower, 6' blade, and post hole digger. I think this L will do fine for me.