Finally decided on the B2410

/ Finally decided on the B2410 #1  

seattle

Tractor
Kubota B2410
I just have to thank everybody for all the advice and comments. This is my first tractor and I really needed the help. This is probably the best discussion forum on the web. I finally took the plunge a got a Kubota B2410 with a 60" mid mount and the LA352 FEL. I also had the dealer add a reinforcing bar and chain hooks to the FEL. The dealer suggested the traction turf tires weighted with CaCl. The total price was $16,100 plus $250 for the tires and chain hooks plus tax. It will arrive here next Thursday. I could never have gotten that price here without the information I got from reading and listening to all you experts. Thanks.

I have 2.5 acres with lots of hard ground and rocks on a hill side. It is always wet here on account of the rainy climate here in the Northwest. We bought a new house that the builder did not finish so there is no landscapping only "opportunity".

I had looked at the BX2200 and the B7500 also but I think that for the long haul that the B2410 is the best investment. I talked with a Kubota tech rep at the factory and he said that the B2410 had a much stronger hydraulic system as well as the position control. It was a tough decision because I know that at first I will apperciate the B2410 to do a lot of landscaping on a new house but then the BX2200 looked like it would be an easier mower. On balance I see the points you all always make about flexibility, power and overall usefulness so after four months of looking, thinking and, oh yes agonizing, I'm going with the B2410. As soon as I gave him the down payment check I knew it was the right decision. Thanks again to everybody. Now I can help other people decide and add some of my learning by doing comments to the operating discussions.

/ Finally decided on the B2410 #3  
Good Job,sounds like the 2410 will serve your needs well.

/ Finally decided on the B2410 #4  
congrats ,and welcome to the forum. u got a great tractor, but of course i am partial(b2400) i have 9 acres, move a lot of snow and think that tractor is great. good luck and keep us informed.