Need opinions on some different tractors please

/ Need opinions on some different tractors please #1  

mach158

Tractor
2007 Kubota RTV 900
I am in the market for a smaller tractor. I sold my JD due to recent problems and got tired of working on it. My parents have a kubota and I love it but I cant afford new one so I found these and I assume Kubota quality should be good no matter the year.

I need a tractor that can handle a 5-6ft brush hog ( i cant recall which size i have) and a 5ft blade in the winter for snow. I live on 5 acres. Keep in mind I am in Iowa and my driveway actually drifts pretty good with about 100 yard driveway I would guess. Finding one with a loader would have been sweet but my price range is around $4,000. I only have a half ton truck so I need to be able to pull the tractor with it and I still need to find a trailer.

The first is a 79 b7100DT, has MFWD, 16HP, 796 hours and comes with mower for $2,500
1979 KUBOTA B7100DT Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

Second is a L245 year unknown, 25HP, 1,045 hours, 2wd for $3,250
KUBOTA L245 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

Final tractor is not orange but I do like red over green. It is a 88 Case IH 235, 15hp, 985 hours, 2wd and hydro trans for $3,250
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=5465263&GUID=FCB28BFEEAB04CDA8176EB8284753614

Right now I am kind of between the Case due to the hydro and the 79 b7100DT due to the MFWD.

I have seen a few JD's in my price range but I am just not a fan of them anymore after my last tractor had problem after problem and it was a JD.

I know your all orange fans and I threw a red in their but since the majority were orange I put this here and it seems like you guys know your stuff and I value your opinions from what I have been reading.

Thanks for the advice in advance and please be straight up with me on what you guys think, I can take it. :cool:

/ Need opinions on some different tractors please #2  
The B7100 needs tires. The L245 and the IH 235 both look pretty good --- the L245 is more tractor for the money so I guess it all depends on whether or not you want the hydro. I go with the L245.

/ Need opinions on some different tractors please #3  
I would look more at the L245 also. I would also look around at some of the dealers. I think there are some good deals out there right now. Seeing you from Walker I believe you could look here in the Quad Cities area and also around at the dealers into central Iowa. I have seen some good deals as I looked for a used tractor in December and know some of them are still available.

/ Need opinions on some different tractors please #4  
hang in there , i was able to pick up a Kubota tractor that size with a FEL, for $4200

/ Need opinions on some different tractors please #5  
I would go for the heaviest one with the most hp. It will work better with the larger brush hog and work better for plowing. That being said 4wd makes the world of difference in these smaller machines. I believe Lefty has the machine and price you need. If you can't get him to part with it, I have an '85-'86 B7200 HST, 4wd, locking rear diff, 2 speed rear and mid pto, 3pt with position control, 17hp, speed set/hold, with a 60" MMM, with 834 Hrs for sale for $3950. I believe it weighs a little over 1300 lbs. I ran a 4' brush hog behinde it and never had a problem with HP. I would not connect the center link on the 3pt though. The cutter is too heavy to lift without front end weight. I don't know about running a 5'(I don't think I would even try the 6') it depends on the situation you are using it in. I actually tried my 4' a couple of times in my field and liked the way the 60" MMM worked better. I have always plowed snow with it using a 6' light duty blade. When it is angled it still covers the tractor tires. By the way the B7200 has adjustable width rear tires and mine has the optional extra big and wide turf tires. There has only been 1 time I was really haveing trouble plowing and that was when we got 14" of snow at one time a couple of years ago. Then the 6' blade was too big for the tractor and would push it sideways when angled or just couldn't push that much when straight. Chains probably would have helped.

Anyway, I realize I am far away, but I thought the info would still be helpful and let you know what else is out there. I don't know what your time frame is, but if you take some time and look around you should be able to find a good deal. Maybe not as good as Lefty, but there should be plenty out there. Especially with the current economic situation.

Attachments

• B7200 1 30.jpg
    B7200 1 30.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 201
  • B7200 2 30.jpg
    B7200 2 30.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 121
  • B7200 3 30.jpg
    B7200 3 30.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 200
   / Need opinions on some different tractors please #6  
You can't kill a Kubota! My dad has a 7200 with over 1300hrs on it at his primary residence (and a 7800) at his vacation home. We did everything under the sun with the 7200 and it still keeps running no problems what-so-ever except the Ca+Cl- leaked out of the tires. As long as it's ORANGE I think you will be happy. I have to agree with the last "poster" go with the most weight and HP. He's got a great price for his 7200!