Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400?

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400? #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
I was going to get chains in the past but there really is hardly any spacing between the tire and the fender with the R4s.

I spent a bit of time in a ditch the other day (a story for another time perhaps!) and managed to get myself out with some loader kung fu. While I was doing that, I realized that I ought to think about some chains again.

I imagine that wheel spacers exist for the L3400, L2800. Anyone have them? Anyone know what they cost?

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400? #2  
If you have two piece wheels there is no need for spacers. Re-configure the rims and centers, then install your chains. Most L-series Kubotas I have worked on with R-1's or R-4's have two piece wheels.

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400? #3  
I have them on my B3030. Had to put them on so that there was clearance between the wheel and fender for the chains. They are only 1 1/2" but it did the trick. I paid around $300 for the set. I don't know if they are available for the L series. I think that on the L machines you can reverse the tires to spread them out. You might want to check that first.

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400?
Harvest. Thanks! Exactly the info I need. 1" should be enough to be able to get chains in there. $95 is also a pretty decent price.

I'll finish up this winter without chains but I think I'll get the spacers and the chains for the next one.

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400?
I went and measured the space I've got between the turnbuckles and tires and tires and fenders. Pretty sure that even at the closest points I've got 1.75".

I think I might be able to get away with chains that are tight without any spacers.

Will give it a shot next season I guess.

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400? #7  
Did you ever put spacers on your tractor? I have a New 2800, I just piut some chains on the front and they work great now I want rear chains

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400? #8  
Well....... I have a B3030, but i did put the factory rear wheel spacers on. I was surprised at how much stability the extra 1.5" per side made. It was $300 +/- well spent.

/ Any one get wheel spacers for their L2800 / L3400? #9  
In another post I asked about putting chains on my L3130 w/Turf tires and got little response. I contacted one of the big internet chain suppliers and they recommended a minimum of 3" clearance. Yes that seems excessive based on my experience on another tractor (JD 750 w/turf), but it is their recommendation.

Another company that makes rubber tire chains claims a minimum of 1" clearance is needed for their product. My neighbor has these rubber chains due to clearance issues and really likes them (B9200 w/turf). He keeps them on year round. The rubber bars do wear over time. But if they were only used during the winter in snow versus driving over rocks and gravel I'm guessing they would last 4x longer. Traction has never been an issue and he could go the same places I went using metal chains.

I only provide you with an alternative to buying spacers. You can decide which is best for your application.