Think I'm Gonna Do It

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #1  

BrianA

Tractor
Hustler Mini Z
Think I\'m Gonna Do It

I've been following this forum for quite some time now. I am the proud original owner of a 1980 B7100. After 22-years I think I'm finally ready for that upgrade, though parting with my 7100 after all these years is tough. I've been looking at the B2710 with FEL, rear finish mower and a york rake (the backhoe can wait a while longer). With the factory rebates the L3010 has been extremely tempting, but I just afraid it'll be too much, especially mowing around the trees. Pricing here in New Hampshire is an issue though. Dealers seem unwilling to come up with realistic prices. So it looks like a road trip to NY or NC may be in order. Any thought or experiences you've had would be appreciated. Though I have many years of Kubota experience I have nearly none on purchasing one. Back in 1980 the dealers were more than willing to deal!

If my past Kubota experience is any indication of future experiences I don't expect to be looking at another new tractor till around 2025! Gotta love these Kubotas

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #2  
Re: Think I\'m Gonna Do It

I had much the same problem as you did, only out here in Colorado. I ordered my B2410 from NC last week. Nothing, but a pleasent experience dealing with Carver so far. My tractor delivery has been delayed 1-1.5 weeks because I wanted R1s (ag tires). While frustrating, it is not Carver's fault, and they notified me of the delay ASAP. Steve has also been very patient answering each and every one of my many of questions.

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #3  

Brian -- I'm another satisfied Carver customer. His new prices were okay, but he has some great deals on program tractors (low hours, regular maintenance, etc)

Just out of curiosity, why the 2710 instead of the 2910? Same size tractor with more HP.

Pete

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It

I would like the 2910, I just can't justify the additional $1300 for 3hp, a tilt wheel and the fancy 3 ph.

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #5  

Yo Brian,
I was in the same boat as you about a month ago. I was pretty much set on a 2710 or 2910 and drove both of em on two seperate occasions. On my final visit I also drove the 3010 w/ ag's to compare turning radius and feel and such. I liked it but was still leaning to the 2910. The dealer had me drive on with R4's (which is what i wanted on my new tractor). They had a lower and wider profile than the Ag's. I really liked the way they handled. I ended up buying the 3010 and am really glad I took the time to try it out. The manuverability is awesome for its size. I have a 6' RFM and have to mow around a few trees. No problem. The extra weight really shows when doing FEL work. I love it. 20 hrs on it and it's still impressing me. Sit in as many seats as you can and it will make your decision so much easier.
I was lucky in that i had 2 dealers that were both in line with Carver prices; but I was ready to make the trip to Carver's if I had to.
Good luck,
Moon

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #6  

i think u would be happy with the 2710, , enjoy the search for new machine, it should be part of the fun. if and when u get new tractor, would be interesting to see what u can get for the old one.

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #7  

Brian,
Even though you didn't say so, I'd say that your B7100 is gear drive/4wd, with the front PTO driven hydraulic pump for the FEL. I don't know how many of the older model B7100s with FEL there are out there, but I have never seen one (I have only seen pictures).

You will most likely love the upgrade to power steering, hydrostatic transmission, position control, flat deck, guages, and live PTO. I upgraded from my B7100 to a B2150 and ended up keeping the B7100; now we have "his and hers" tractors on mowing days. She uses the newer B2150 hydrostatic model and I use the older B7100 gear drive.

I personally prefer the B2910 over the B2710 (seems like the last time I checked there was about a $1000 difference), and can't comment much about the Grand L Series. If the B7100 did the job for you, then you'll be impressed with either of the newer machines. The one possible exception might be stability on slopes, if you have any. There are areas on my property that I feel much safer when using the smaller B7100 than I do using the larger B2150.

Kelvin

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #8  

Brian,

Like you I had an older unit which I bartered for a barn then went shopping for a new one in the fall of 2000. Online, Carvers were the lowest, but delivery was $ and the local dealer East Eliott Garage just over the border in Me delivered my B21 for a little more than Carver with delivery charge. They will service Gilford area I am sure. Nice thing is you deal with the owner directly.

Regarding the other comments I would think too you might want to step up to the 3010 as it's a nice unit and a good step up from what you have today.

The other thing, buy in the fall when winter is setting in, rather than spring when everybody's buying.

Good Luck,

Carl

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #9  

Try Emerich Sales and Service in NY. I had a New 2710 with Fel delivered to me in NH and at a better pirce than carver. Ask for Jim Crane (518) 399-8574. Hope this helps.

/ Think I'm Gonna Do It #10  

Brian, I was like you to some point, I have a 1980 model L245DT, great little tractor. I decide I wanted the 3010 mainly for the size, my little tractor was 25 hp but just didn't have enough when it came to heavy work. I had pretty much made up my mind to get the GST model and the salesman had me drive a 4310 GST and and HST, mainly because the 3010 HST was out of fuel....lol there was no discount because it wouldn't run either. Anyway I was really impressed with how sharp the 4310 would turn and once I drove the HST unit I was sold...its great, I have 3 hrs on mine now and I can't wait to use it tomorrow. I also sold my 22 year old unit for 4700.00 it was a very clean tractor considering the years. The FEL will be my next purchase, maybe next week. Either way you'll be happy with a Kubota.