Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST

/ Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST #1  

dpc5

I just inherited a Kubota B7200HST 4WD Tractor. In an effort to plow my own driveway free of snow, I'd like to purchase a blower or blade/plow attachment for it. My local Kubota dealer is quoting me $1700-2000 for a new blower, and at least that much for a blade (due to model specificity).

Do any used blower/plow attachments exist for a B7200HST, how much do you guess, and where might I find them?

Does anyone have a recommendation as to blower (which I think is rear-mount) vs. blade (which I think is front-mount) for this model?

Thanks so much.

/ Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST #2  
Not sure where you are located, and how much snow you get? I got a 6' rear grader blade for my B7200 on sale for $129 5 years ago and I think I can still get it for $159 not on sale. I have plowed with it alot (dirt as well) and works good up to about 6"-8" of light snow. I have seen several used front blades for these over the years. I never got that serious about getting one, but I think they were usually $500-$800. Ebay, auto trader, wheels & Deals, Auto & RV and Craig's list are good places to look. Be careful of Ebay and Craigs list, they are easier to get into a scam.

The B7200 is a great tractor, and don't be fooled by the engine HP, it does alot better than expected for being rated at 17hp.

Good Luck, and Welcome to the club.

/ Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST #3  
Buy the blower -you can use it to blow snow and also as a plow. I push snow all the time with mine when there is not much new snow (1"-24") and I am in a hurry to get it cleaned up. It works just as well as a blade would.

/ Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST #4  
Wecome to TBN.
How much snow do you get and how much room do you have to clear and also to store the snow? How did you clear snow before the tractor came along?
I think a rear blade will do fine if you get limited amounts that will melt away in the following week or so. A blower will handle deeper snow and will never run out of room to throw it, all winter long.
Some people are not fond of driving backwards to clear snow but it works fine for me. For equal money I wouldn't even look at the front blade to move snow around here.

/ Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST #5  
Congrats on your tractor. We have a 7200 that is running well at the farm down-state. My father put together this setup for about $400.00 including the golf cart cab. Used plows for trucks are everywhere, and tractor supply has everything else. This is a 7800, but the 7200 we have actually has a prince pump running off the rear pto to work the hydraulics. I'm not sure if your 7200 has a loader on it, if it does, you should be able to fabricate something similar to what you see here.
That 7200 is an awesome machine, ours has over 1300 hours and I don't think it's even broken in.

Attachments

• 100_1937.JPG
    100_1937.JPG
    902.8 KB · Views: 2,699
  • 100_1935.jpg
    100_1935.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 4,267
   / Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST #6  

Blade does both.

Blower does one.
Buy the blower -you can use it to blow snow and also as a plow. I push snow all the time with mine when there is not much new snow (1"-24") and I am in a hurry to get it cleaned up. It works just as well as a blade would.

/ Snow Plow or Blower for Kubota B7200HST #7  
If you want a 3 pt. blower you can buy any one of several brands. Just make sure its wider than your rear wheel width. Blower price is about right for new but you should be able to find a used one for under $1500 without too much problem. Look in your local swap sheet, craigslist or Ebay.
A front plow attachment would be nice but wouldn't a front loader be more useful. Something you could use year round. Only problem is you probably won't find a used one so would have to buy new. I'd ballpark that at about 5K.