Kubota Pallet Forks

/ Kubota Pallet Forks #1  

JeffInCO

Bronze Member
Tractor
1952 Ferguson TO-30
My understanding is that the Kubota Loader (LA854) Quick-Attach is compatible with standard "skid steer" implements.

If this is true, are the Kubota forks typically a good deal, or can I get a better deal elsewhere (or maybe buy kubota or non-kubota used?) The kubota forks plus frame list for $1085.

Thanks,

Jeff

/ Kubota Pallet Forks
I can probably get a better deal than $1085 on the Kubota forks (that's the list)... Need to talk to the dealer. I was just wondering if I should be looking at non-Kubota also.

Thanks

/ Kubota Pallet Forks #4  
I purchased mine from my local Bobcat Dealer for around $750. Who better to purchase from than the inventor of the skidsteer quick attach system.

OrangeGuy

/ Kubota Pallet Forks #5  
I got some forks when I traded tractors one time. They are really heavy and were for a pin attach. When I traded tractors this last time I got the skid steer quick attach bucket and my Kubota dealer welded the quick attach connection plates to my forks. It cost $75 or $125 which included the plates. I don't remember for sure which one. They are not Kubota forks but they work fine. This could save you some money by doing the same.

/ Kubota Pallet Forks #6  
I bought a new set for 500. But you should be able to buy them new for 600-700 all day long.

/ Kubota Pallet Forks #7  
I paid $525 for a set of light duty (2500# rated) bradco pallet forks from a local NH dealer last year. I think he had 4500# rated ones for $750.

/ Kubota Pallet Forks #8  
Yes you can use a different brand. I have a set of Bobcat forks I found on craigslist for 300 from a contractor that was moving out of state. When I got there he had a HD bobcat bucket he wanted to get rid of to. I told him I didnt need the bucket then he said he would throw it in for an extra 100 if I took both:eek:. Took the bucket home and listed it on ebay I got something like 680 bucks for it so I made 380 dollars and got free forks:). I can honestly say its the best deal I ever got. Another option is you can usually find a set of forks off of a old hilo for around 100 or less and fab up a carriage if you or a buddy have a welder which is what I was looking to do till I found that deal.

/ Kubota Pallet Forks
Thanks to all for the info... I think I'll keep an eye on Craigslist and see if I can come by some used forks.

Jeff

/ Kubota Pallet Forks #10  
You might also try rental places. I missed a set for 275 at one of the rental places.