BX22 Availability

/ BX22 Availability #1  

bmac

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC29D
I have only recently begun to look into compact tractors and what little knowlege I have has come from this forum. Please excuse any misunderstandings on my part. But, from what I understand the introduction of the BX22 was somewhat recent. And (according to my dealer) this model is in short supply. Does anyone know when the current production of the BX22 will be suspended? I.E., when will the last "02 Bx22 be manufactured, after which one will have to wait for the '03s? Can a dealer order one for you from Kubota or is there an allotment that each dealer gets and after this has been met, the dealer can get no more?

As an aside, Carver's won't offer a price quote on this model (as has been stated on this forum previously and confirmed by me) as they state they are awaiting additional field testing before quoting a price. Does anyone other than me question their explaination? I would bet that they just can't get enough to satisfy their local market, let alone their online shoppers. Any thoughts on this?

/ BX22 Availability #2  
Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to say...
All - Each-shopper and customer are EQUALLY IMPORTANT, whether they honor us with a personal visit, phone call, or email transmission, asking for advice about and oil filter or purchasing a $60K Sky Trak. Same attention, speed to serve, concern for satisfaction.

Our advice on this issue is the same for the customer down the street in Dunn NC as is was for you. ->
Whether little backhoes or big wheel loaders, we have over 40 years, indeed, waited a few months while before EVEN ORDERING or QUOTING newly ENGINEERED products that are being introduced into BRAND NEW perviously untested MARKETs.

Lot's of folks appreciate the logic some do not.
So mote it be.

an aside....
As we enter the Memorial Day weekend.. Let's all take a special moment to extend prayers and thanksgiving for the men and women serving our national defense and security.
God Bless America and the true patriots that have allow us to survive.

/ BX22 Availability #3  
According to the dealer I use. He is only getting the one he has and he said that it will be a long time before he can get additional. I asked him about ordering and he told me that he would try once he sold the current one, but that was a dream. As of May 17 he had one and only one.

/ BX22 Availability
Steve,
After re-reading my original post and your response, I seems as though I should have chosen my words more carefully. My post did sound critical of Carvers and it was not intended to be.

I guess it is commendable to not experiment with your customers on new products. I am interested in the field testing you are doing and what criteria you will use to determine if and when you will carry this product.

As a leader in the industry, you must have some insight into my other questions. I would appreciate your thoughts on the issue of availability, production expectations, etc. (as I'm sure other readers would as well).

Carver's reputation on this forum is impressive and it was comments here that led me to your company. Indeed, the requests I made electronically were responded to promptly and courteously. I thank you for that. Again, I apologize for the wording of my original post - it was a little harsh.

/ BX22 Availability #5  
bmac:

My dealer in NE PA told me the beginning of May that orders for BX22s were quoted for end July delivery at that point. Since they just started delivering then in April, I would expect that the line will be running for quite a while before a shutdown to change model details. I would even suspect that the '22 would not really have any model year change and be a continuing production item.

Supply certainly seems to be lagging demand. Glad I got mine early.

paul

/ BX22 Availability #6  
Historically.. the WISE equip. mfg. do not flood the market or dealers with newly introduced items.
When the Product is Brand new and to be used in a Brand New Market.
I think for two main reasons..

1. THE CASH GAMBLE.. They would have to spend tons and tons and tons of cash to mfg the new products BEFORE they knew, for sure, if they would sell.
Remember Edsel autos? All mfg learned the lesson.
All mfg have learned their lessons at great expense.

2. This type newly introduced item is always slow at first to be readily available from wise marketing corporations. They seem not to really gear up the assembly productions and have massive inventory stocks until they are sure all the unknown and possible needed tweaks, adjustments, concerns are completely and thoroughly investigated.
If needed their is an opportunity to make changes at the mfg/assembly plants .... Before large numbers of units hit the markets.
This takes several months to do.

Logic. It's a lot easier and less stressful for all concerned to behave this way.
The option. Go too fast -> then have to deal with very expensive recalls and or unsatisfied customers that automatically become bad advertisers leading to unsuccessful marketing strategy.

Remember a little problem our green friends a couple of years ago with new models?
All mfg have learned their lessons at great expense.

The mfg's goal is the same as the dealer ... 100% satisfaction.

Exceptions to this are frequent. ie
New tractors models being introduced that are simply minor upgrades or even sometimes it seems -- DECAL Changes... These type units already HAVE tested and timed tried COMPONENTS in OLD ESTABLISHED MARKETS and CUSTOMER BASES.
When Kubota introduced the 10 series Grande Ls.... They were shipping in large scale numbers THE SAME WEEK they were introduced to the dealers. And the 10 series Grande Ls have been wonderful performers since DAY 1.

I'm looking forward to the same type introduction of the newest series for '03 from all the mfgs.
I hope and expect even better performers as the mfg really do have great R and D planers.

/ BX22 Availability #7  
As a new BX 22 owner (purchased from Byrd Tractor of Manassas, VA) I was one of the folks that Steve Carver did not wish to quote a price for. I'll admit I was pricing shopping, but all turned out for the best as I'm real pleased with my local dealer's service and the 90 minutes they spent at my house showing me how to remove the loader, backhoe, and mower as well as go over all the operation of the BX22. I purchased all the above and a toothbar for $ 16,500. and they even set me up with all the oil, hydro fluid, and filters for the first major maintenace as a courtesy.

I worked the tar out of the BX22 the last four days, digging 100' of trench for drainage lines around the house, moving 13 tons of rock for under the back deck, and even mowing the yard at the end of the Memorial Day Weekend. What a great tractor this is! My experience with tractors was limited to a Cub Cadet 2000 series Garden Tractor, which is a mere toy compared to the BX22. At first I was a bit intimidated by the BX with all the learning curves of the FEL and Backhoe operation, but it didn't take long to get proficent at the usage of all.

Some observations:

* Really well engineered in all the details.
* Buy a Toothbar for any kind of digging on the FEL
* Turf Tires and mud don't work.
* Lots of power in that small backhoe...WOW.
* More stable in mowing than my Cub Cadet 2000.
* Really nice to be able to mow in reverse.
* Backhoe & FEL pop off easily, but do it on concrete, etc.
* 60" Midmount mower is a pain to install in comparison.
* Miserly Fuel comsuption.
* Very powerful headlights
* You'll only forget to fold the ROPS once when you go in the garage <g>
* Great turning radius for mowing.
* Worth every penny of what it costs.

I almost bought one of the new John Deere 4010's for the same money. That tractor is all new for this year, and with the FEL and weight kit on the rear came to $ 17K. It was 18HP vs. the BX22's 22 HP engine, and no backhoe attachment was available for it, or planned for future use. After looking at the work I wanted to do around the homestead I decided I really needed the backhoe, and to stay with JD would have pushed me well into the $ 20K range.

Even as a novice 'real' tractor owner, I have no hesitation in recommending the BX22 for a do-all homeowner's tractor. You'll have fun with it, it does lots of work, the learning curve is easy and it seems to be very well made.

-Duane C.

/ BX22 Availability #8  
Duane:

I couldn't agree with your assessment more.

* I'm glad I got the bar tires, and they are no problem on the grass if you don't do "burn out" starts
* ROPS interference can be a real problem - I have "tested" the limits of doors a couple of times
* Toothbar is coming
* My shopping for JD came to the same conclusion. I forget the model, but it was on the new "10" series
that was "expected" to have a BH available late this year. Setup the same (w/estimate BH price) and
less HP would have cost me $ 10K more - no decision there
* BH and FEL are also no problem to install/remove on non paved areas as long as it is hard, level and stable.

Ditto - Great machine at a great price.

paul

/ BX22 Availability #9  
I was at my dealer's today just lookin' around and he had just taken delivery of 3 BX22's. One has been sold, the other two are available, or were, as of 1:30 p.m. today. I think he said he is due another one later in the summer and did comment that they were pretty scarce.

If you're near Western Massachusetts, he's located in Holyoke (a few miles north of Springfield). Leahy Equipment is the name of the company. Ask for Bill Leahy. I have no idea what he's asking for them.

And, if you wish to comparison shop, I believe he also has a B21, L35 and L48 in yard as well.

I gotta admit, the BX22 looks real slick. If it were available when I was buying two years ago it would have made my decision quite a bit harder.

Good Luck,

Rick

/ BX22 Availability #10  
Which toothbar did you guys get? And where? Any option to buy one online?
Thanks