B7500 - bush-hog and lift

/ B7500 - bush-hog and lift #1  

WH_BOB

Is the B7500 at 21hp adequate for a 4 foot bushhog brush mower? Also, what have other users experienced regarding the lift on B7300, B7500, and B7100 which do not have position control? Does the lift hold its position or does it tend to leak/drop over time and need periodic adjusting? Any comments would be appreciated. I am considering a B7500 and B2410.

/ B7500 - bush-hog and lift #2  
Bob, I used to have a B7100 and I really do prefer a tractor with position control on the 3-point, but I never had a problem with it leaking down or not staying where it was put. And I did use a 4' brush hog for some pretty severe service at times. It handled it quite well.

Bird

/ B7500 - bush-hog and lift #3  
I have a 7500 and use a 5' Bushhog to mow my horse pasture. I was a little concerned about the Bushhog, since Kubota only recommends a 4' for the 7500. But, works like a champ and have had no problems. Of course, not wanting to tempt fate, I don't plan on cutting more than pasture with it, either...

/ B7500 - bush-hog and lift #4  
Hi Bob.
On some of the "B" series the have a control rod in which you can set for your height. On my B7100HST I have a 4' brush hog and works just fine.
Friend of my has a B1700 w/ a 4' bush hog also never had a problem and he chopps some pretty rough slopes & fields & woods,and to be on the safe side he install a small chain to the brush hog than to the 3pt hitch hook which is locate on the tractor frame.....works great, also when he travels he lowers the unit until chain slack is taken up which reduce the weight on the hyd system.
The best on your new purchase.