Price Check kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!!

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!! #1  

archeryantny

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L48
So after a long time, my dreams are finally coming true. I found a 2005 kubota L48 with 435 hrs. The machine comes with the 12" and 18" BH bucket. The dealer is throwing in an 18ft pequea 10,000lb trailer, at what he says, is his cost of 3000.00. I'm also having them install front hydraulics on the machine. This whole package breaks down like this, 24,000 for the machine, 3000 for the trailer, 700 for the front hydraulic. For a grand total of 27,700.00, What do you guys think? Is it good should I do it?

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!! #2  
Doesn't sound to bad to me. A couple of things come to mind. Does it include all of the 3pt equipment? If not you are looking at another $1000 or better. I would consider a longer trailer. My L39 is crowded on an 18' trailer. You will also be right on the edge as far as weight. The L39 is right at 7000 lbs empty, my trailer runs 26 or 2700 lbs and I think the L48 weights a bit more. Loaded tires would put me over the trailer limit.

Good luck, great tractor.

MarkV

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!!
what do you mean 3 point equipment? It does include lift arms and top link.

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!! #4  
what do you mean 3 point equipment? It does include lift arms and top link.

Yep that is what I mean, although I could have said it better. Many of the Kubota TLB's never see the backhoe removed and the lift arms don't end up coming with used machines. There have been several here that have had to buy after the fact and the prices were way up there.

MarkV

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!! #5  
I have a L48 with 12 and 24 quick attach buckets, third valve on the FEL, pallet forks, rake, new hog mower, home made cab and heater with a 12,000 gvw 18 ft trailer,, I wouldn't let mine go for this low price and I would ask that dealer about a much longer trailer,, The 18 is way, way too short and you can easily get into trouble as the tractor will hang way past the rear of the trailer. Mine weighs over 8,000 and with a standard 10,000 trailer, you are already right at max weight even if you use their light weight of 7700.

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!! #6  
<snip>you are already right at max weight even if you use their light weight of 7700.
The weight you need to worry about is when THE MAN pulls out the scales.
That includes chains, tools, oil, fuel, and your lunchbox you left on the trailer.

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!! #7  
I say buy it at that price and you will not be disappointed, the L48 is a beast. Make sure to bet a thumb, huge productivity booster. Make sure the fluids have been changed, the 300 hr service is over $600 in fluid and filters alone, Yikes! Post some pics. Here are mine:

Attachments

• Dual L48s.jpg
    Dual L48s.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 497
  • Dual 48s 2.jpg
    Dual 48s 2.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 923
Looks like I'm going to get it, I just gave him the deposit. Unfortunately he doesn't have a bigger trailer. He assured me that the 18' was enough. When I go and pick it up I'll see if he has another style or other name brand that would work and maybe I'll do some re-negotiating.
I cant wait, I'm very excited.

oh and by the way the twins look beautiful together! curtis, do you have BH for them both or do they share? Do you ever transport them or are they strictly "for the farm" tractors? AWESOME view!!!!!!!!

/ kubota L48 Pricing HELP!!! #10  
I say buy it at that price and you will not be disappointed, the L48 is a beast. Make sure to bet a thumb, huge productivity booster. Make sure the fluids have been changed, the 300 hr service is over $600 in fluid and filters alone, Yikes! Post some pics. Here are mine:

Nice picture curtis, where are you at? The view looks more mid NH than southern.

Thanks for posting.

Same question, do you have the backhoe? Does the L48 come without the backhoe?

Joel