Tractor Sizing B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #1  

SS1960

I got the call that my B3200 with MMM and FEL (60") is ready for delivery. Due to a problem communicating with the dealer (my fault) it is currently equipped with the RCK60-27BA 60" Mid-Mount Mower. I think/thought I wanted and ordered a RC72-27BA 72" mower. The dealer will change the mower as long as I pay the difference....no problem. I currently mow about 5 to 7 acres and am upgrading from a 20 HP B1750 (17 HP PTO) to the B3200. The B1750 strained at times with a 60" MMM. I know the B3200 will have no troubles with the 60" MMM and I will give up some ability getting between obstacles with the larger deck. Will I be happy with the larger deck? I am hoping to cut down on seat time with the increase in size. What do you think?

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #2  
72 inch - no question about it. The 60 will barely cover the tires - the 72 is really more designed for the bigger B's width....then again...if you really want to reduce the "cut tiime " I'd put the MMM $$$$ into a Zero Turn :)

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #3  
I got the call that my B3200 with MMM and FEL (60") is ready for delivery. Due to a problem communicating with the dealer (my fault) it is currently equipped with the RCK60-27BA 60" Mid-Mount Mower. I think/thought I wanted and ordered a RC72-27BA 72" mower. The dealer will change the mower as long as I pay the difference....no problem. I currently mow about 5 to 7 acres and am upgrading from a 20 HP B1750 (17 HP PTO) to the B3200. The B1750 strained at times with a 60" MMM. I know the B3200 will have no troubles with the 60" MMM and I will give up some ability getting between obstacles with the larger deck. Will I be happy with the larger deck? I am hoping to cut down on seat time with the increase in size. What do you think?
For the acerage, I'd welcome a 72". It does restrict your close maneuverability but it will get it done.

As pointed out, if it's strictly mowing and less seat time, the Zero turn will serve you best.

Of the 60 or the 72, I'd go wider. I have a 60 now on a B 7800 (30 HP) and it works very well in that combination. I would not hesitate to run a 72" on it.

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #4  
The 60" on my BX2230 is about right. I'd bet larger on a bigger machine would be even better!

:D

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #5  
If you can afford it go for the 72". I have a 72" RFM. Also a F2880E with the 72" front mower deck which I use to mow around mobile homes and I don't have any manuverability problems with it and then it's great wiping out the open fields. An extra foot with each pass can save alot of time.

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #6  
72" I have a 60" on my B7800 and it's only slightly wider than the rear tires which makes it more difficult to get near bushes, and other landscaping. I know wish I had gotten the 72"

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #7  
72" all the way

I have the 60" on my B3030 and I wish I had 72", I bought the 60" thinking I would get a bagger but after two seasons I realized that I didn't need one, even for leaves, my tradeoff is that I got a core aerator

In the garage and during the off season I like the 60" but when I am mowing I wish I had 72", I have no issue with mowing around stuff but it would be a lot quicker

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #8  
I originally bought the 60" MMM for my B3030, but I quickly realized that was a mistake. I paid the difference, plus some labor/transport charges, and made the upgrade to the 72" version after using the smaller one a few times. It was a painfully expensive lesson to learn.

Simply put, the 60" mower doesn't stick out far enough on the side of the tractor, and that makes it tough to mow close to anything (fencelines, trees, etc...). Obviously, it's also slower to use in wide open spaces.

My B3030 has absolutely no problems driving the 72" MMM.

The 60" mower was nice. It seemed a little better "integrated" into the tractor. And it was easier to move around by hand. Plus it's cheaper. But those things aren't enough to make up for the narrower width, IMO.

If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have bought the 72" right from the get go.

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice
Thanks for all of the advice. Most everyone confirmed my reaasoning and
I am now waiting for the 72" deck to be located and installed and for delivery of the new rig. Camera battery is charged and sitting by the door.
Mowing season is probably two months off but I can hardly wait! Hold on a minute, I am looking forward to mowing???? This new tractor thing has affected my brain! I mean I like my tractor and all but this is ridiculous! Shouldn't I be thinking about fishing??

/ B3200 Mid-Mower Size Choice #10  
Fish when it's to hot to mow and do tractor (work). I'm waiting on my B3200 to also be delivered. Thinking about going by and getting a picture of it in the crate or whatever state of preperation that it's in since I drive by the dealer almost every day.:)