R1s or R4s?

/ R1s or R4s? #1  

rpraymond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10
I'm looking at a B2320 w/ FEL. Primary duties would be to maintain a gravel driveway in the spring, summer, fall, and haul wood in the winter. All of my previous tractors have had R1s but I'm wondering if R4s would work better for the driveway and still offer the traction needed for winter work. Thanks to all.

/ R1s or R4s? #2  
Now thats going to be the 64,000 dollar question.

/ R1s or R4s? #3  
I'm looking at a B2320 w/ FEL. Primary duties would be to maintain a gravel driveway in the spring, summer, fall, and haul wood in the winter. All of my previous tractors have had R1s but I'm wondering if R4s would work better for the driveway and still offer the traction needed for winter work. Thanks to all.
R1s hands down choice for me.

/ R1s or R4s? #4  
.. No.

/ R1s or R4s? #5  

I would not consider R-4's for those uses, if I had a choice. That said, if I were looking at a used tractor with R-4's, they probably would not be a dealbreaker.

/ R1s or R4s? #6  
I would tend to lean towards R-1s. Not as gentle on turf, sounds like its not an issue though, but max traction in snow, dirt. My 2 cents worth....

/ R1s or R4s? #8  
R4s for me...but my uses and needs are not the same as yours...:)

/ R1s or R4s? #9  
OK!,I now like r4's,[cause thats whats on my tractor],but seriously,believe I do like them,best of both worlds would be r4's with a set of good chains.

To many people put to much air in them I think,is one reason some don't like them. But they have their advantages over r1's in many applications,and if you put a set of chains on them,ice won't stop you[r1's won't even go in ice].

/ R1s or R4s? #10  
Once you start putting chains on youre talking chains...not tires.