Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota DT245

Default L-series vs Grand L

Can anyone give me the main differences between the L-series and the Grand L and if its worth the extra money for the Grand. Looking at 40 to 45 hp

Silver Member

Default Re: L-series vs Grand L

The Gand L has more high end options Like digital control panel and more transmision options better seat etc. If you are going to be using it a good amount you might want to go with th grand L for the better equipment...
    ****Nothing operates or looks like a kubota!****

2007 Kubota L39TLB
    2008 Kubota RTV900

Tractor
    currently own F3080 ZD326 BX25D Z122r RTV1140

Look at the Grand L on the kubota website. I just traded mine L3240HST Plus back to Barlows Equipment for a B3200 and the L is a fine machine. Just a bit big for my needs but if I was going to log long hours of seat time with laried jobs it's the one I would want.
    2014 BX25D, 2015 ZD326rp 60" rear Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck ,2015 Z122r, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 15 Subaru Outback. 2012 MINI Cooper S Roadster

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

I started looking at the L. As I looked and drove I decided on Grand L. The 0% financing going on at the time helped to get into the tractor. I decided on the L4240. I have really enjoyed the Auto trottle and other feathures. The L4240 as more lift capacity from the larger loader than the L3940. If you can swing the additional $ I would go with the Grand L. The kubota web site has some good info on the features of the Grand L look there. Go try them both and see what you think. Happy shopping.
    ---------------------------------------
    Toys: L4240, FEL, Backhoe, Rotary Cutter, Grapple, Blade

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2005 Kubota L3400HST

I do not know the terms ( compact vs subcompact etc) but the L seems to be a class smaller than the Grand L. I love the small size, lighter weight, simplicity and price of my L3400. I just put the 5' snow blower on the 3pt to attack the snow when it stops. With any Grand L I would have needed a much more expensive 6' blower to cover the tracks and 40+HP to run it. It is also the ideal size to run my 12KW generator. If I did not have larger tractors for big jobs I might have opted for the Grand L but the L is very efficient and economical for its applications.

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

grand L is the loaded caddy, L is the capable chevy malibu.
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by lawn_king View Post
    grand L is the loaded caddy, L is the capable chevy malibu.

That sums it up nicely. My Grand L just hit the 100 hour mark today and it's been the best 100 hours I've spent in any seat including the one on my motorcycle. A buddy of mine got an "L" and it's a nice machine but with no bells and whistles".

...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

I just hit 200 hrs on my machine, i still (11 months old) cant believe how nice the factory cab is! I worked on athletic fields this week, it was raw with drizzle friday, 39 degrees, saturday was sunny 64 degrees. Both days i was in a tee shirt listening to beatles cd's, crusing over my fields aerating & fertilizing. Here's the kicker, im getting paid for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L4740 HSTC-1, Quick Attach LA854, H.D. bucket, Top-n-Tilt

I now have 150+ hours on my Grand L4740 and overall I couldn't be more pleased with this tractor - especially the HST, the 4-wheel drive and the Quick Attach loader system. My only disappointment is that it struggles to lift 1 ton of palleted feed with the pallet forks. (I've come to realize that it's a leverage thing; much of the weight is too far out in front.) But even the 5740 has the same LA854 loader.

After doing *a lot* of research, especially on this forum, I had originally decided on the 4240. However, the 286 Bush Hog I wanted required a bit more PTO horsepower, and the 4740 fit the bill.

Even though the stock Grand is fairly "loaded", I added several optional features in addition to the items listed in my "signature", and am glad that I did: Rear defroster & wiper, side defogger kit, draft control, rear work lights, and of course a stereo & CD player

I have only 2 regrets: I didn't have Top-N-Tilt included, as I've been doing a good bit of road box blading and that feature would sure be nice to have. (I now plan to add a hydraulic top link from Carter & Carter Machinery.) And I wish that I had the 3rd function valve on the loader, as I plan to purchase a grapple; naturally it's more expensive to add now.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - Regardless of which model & features you choose, kubota's insurance is relatively inexpensive; I found it impossible to beat for it's cost & comprehensive coverage.
    Last edited by traderrik; 03-31-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
    Kubota L4740 HSTC-1, Q.A. LA854, H.D. bucket, Top-n-Tilt, EZ tooth bar, Bush Hog 286, ArmstrongAg 48" forks, ArmstrongAG grapple, W.R. Long electric over hydraulic valve kit

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 4000; Ford 2000(both 3cyl.);JD40; 2004 Kubota L4300; 2006 Kubota B7610; new 2007 Kubota MX5000

Only one problem with the Grand L. It absorbs money that could've been spent on a second L or small M.

Two simple tractors beat one that's loaded any day:
    -one to do bigger jobs, one to do littler jobs
    -one to load the wagon, the other to pull it
    -one to disc, one to sow
    -one to sow, one to cultipack
    -one to shuttle wagons, one to bale
    -one to get tractor things done while the other's on the backhoe
    -one to get tractor things done while the other's getting serviced
    -one to clear the brush after a storm while the other runs the generator
    -one to put Mom or No. 1 Son to work, the other to keep you happy
    -one to pull the other out of the muck

But the Grand L is really, really nice. Might get one someday myself....someday when I'm a decade or two older....someday when the open station gets too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer....someday when I'm not so d*mn happy about having two good tractors that I actually notice the cold and the heat.

Bet LBrown could add some to this post.
    Bob
    New Kidz: '04 L4300 w/BH-90X, '06 B7610, '07 MX5000 Old Pros: '75 Ford 4000, '54 JD40

Romans 8:28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast