FEL shopping

/ FEL shopping #11  
I have a Woods 1006 and they are rock solid. I have not used a Kubota FEL, the dealer here likes the Woods better. The dealer says it's little heavier and a little cheaper.

I have yet to remove my FEL, but it looks like a breeze.

/ FEL shopping
I did think of ordering it from Carver's, but I thought the shipping would cancel any savings. Also, I don't know if a local shop would be too keen on installing something the could have sold me.

/ FEL shopping
According to the dealer, they are virtually the same as far as quick connect times.

/ FEL shopping #14  
i have a b2400 with la351 loader installed by dealer, am not sure that $150 saved is worth the effort. in your earlier post u mentioned woods can give u a bigger bucket, not sure u want to go bigger, the 2400 is a fine tractor but think anything over 4 ft on bucket is overdoing it, this my opinon according to the uses i put my tractor thru. if u don't have to move a lot of snow, or wet heavy dirt then u could go bigger.

/ FEL shopping #15  
The BIG difference is that the LA352 was engineered specifically for the B2410, therefore your loader won't damage the tractor or viceversa. The next difference is the regenerative hydraulic valve on the Kubota loader; it allows you to curl/dump at the same time as raise/lower without losing half or more raise lower speed. It does this by creating one large hydraulic circuit when you have both sets of cylinders engaged, instead of 2 circuits competing with each other. The next issue is ease of mounting/dismounting; most after market companies are adequate at best when compared with OEM loaders.
The Bush Hog M146(GB has a model excatley the same since being bought by Bush Hog, I don't remember the #) have the regenerative valve available, and they are my favorite if you definately WON"T get a Kubota loader, but remember, they were also designed for the Big B's;2710 and 2910, so they look a little ungainly, and are capable of lifting more than the 2410 front end was designed for. This is the reason you have to be careful with aftermarket loaders: they are designed to fit many brands, and many more models, just by changing the mounting kit, if you have a tractor in the middle of the range the loader was designed for, you're OK, but if not...so bigger buckets are not always better with certain materials.
As for the $150...pay it gladly! Kubota allows 4 hrs of flat rate for mounting a B series loader, @ our shop rate, that's $200, and the after market loaders all come with poor directions, jumbles of nuts and bolts, and many more bolt together parts (instead of welded brackets) so we generally build a couple more hours shop time into the purchase price. Pete

/ FEL shopping #16  
Woods Equipment Company also uses a regenerative valve on their loaders.