7610 vin#

/ 7610 vin# #1  

bgshgrr

Tractor
Kubota b7610 hst
I just bought a 7610 hst used. I don't take delivery for a few days, but was wondering if you can determine the model year from the vin#? The guy I bought it from couldn't remember if he bought it in 05/06. If this were a car or truck I would be suspicious, but not so much with a tractor. Thanks!

/ 7610 vin# #2  
You can get the serial number of the tractor and call your local kubota dealer. They can tell when it was sold etc...

/ 7610 vin#
Yeah, I had planned on doing that tomorrow. I was just being impatient.:D Thanks.

/ 7610 vin# #4  
I was going to tell you tractordata dot com, but figured a phone call might be more accurate.
David from jax

/ 7610 vin#
the SN's don't mean anything special, you have to key them into the computer to get that info.

Yeah, the dealer couldn't tell from the Vin# either. In the end I found that this model is an 05 (232 hrs) with one month on the extended warranty remaining. I took it straight to the dealer for a 300 hr service($$$), and to give the unit a good look over prior to the warranty expiration. I just brought it home last night.

/ 7610 vin# #7  
Yeah, the dealer couldn't tell from the Vin# either. In the end I found that this model is an 05 (232 hrs) with one month on the extended warranty remaining. I took it straight to the dealer for a 300 hr service($$$), and to give the unit a good look over prior to the warranty expiration. I just brought it home last night.

He should have been able to. How did you end up finding out?

/ 7610 vin#
It was the service manager I was speaking with. He said he could not tell the year form the vin but could tell me the tractor was purchased from them april/05.