BX 1830 what to pay?

/ BX 1830 what to pay? #1  

putts

My local dealer has a 2005 BX 1830 with FEL (LA211-1) and 54" mower deck (RCK54-22BX). IT has around 450 hours on it and the 3-point hitch appears as though it has never been used. It appears to be in excellent condition. The ealer said he would also throw in a 54" blade that would attach to the loader frame(with bucket removed). The dealer wants $9700 out the door and said that he would give me $700 for my 1982 simplicity landlord for a trade.

Is $9000 out the door a good price?

Also should the fel be able to pick the front end off the ground? When I tried to pick the front end up using the bucket at the dealer it would not lift the tires off of the ground.

Thanks in advance,

putts

/ BX 1830 what to pay? #2  
I think it should lift the tires off the ground. This is a technique used frequently with similarly powered tractors equipped with backhoes. I would get on a new 1860, 2360 or 24 at the dealer and try the same thing. The price is so-so. I would price out a new 1850 at the dealer to compare. I've bypassed used units before because the financing on new units was so attractive. Depends if financing is important to you. Is the front blade he's offering hydraulic?

/ BX 1830 what to pay?
I will be able to finance it through Kubota at 1.25% interest.

The blade will attach to the loader frame so it will raise and lower with the hydraulics, but it will have a manual angle adjustment.

/ BX 1830 what to pay? #4  
To lift front end off ground try tilting the bucket till lower front edge of bucket is what's touching the ground then push the bucket down and see if it will lift it.

/ BX 1830 what to pay? #5  
I will be able to finance it through Kubota at 1.25% interest.

The blade will attach to the loader frame so it will raise and lower with the hydraulics, but it will have a manual angle adjustment.

It's a small point but is the blade spring loaded? The FEL arms are not really meant for plowing. A sping loaded or trip blade construction would help prevent any damage to the loader arms if you should hit something while plowing.

/ BX 1830 what to pay? #6  
Yes it should lift front end but were you just a idle? My BX-23 (almost same as yours) needs a little horsey to lift. Also agree about loader arms NOT being designed to blade with esp in dirt/rock. If needed for snow suggest 6' rear blade and leave bucket on. Also think price is so-so but depends on where you are located

/ BX 1830 what to pay? #7  
The blade will attach to the loader frame so it will raise and lower with the hydraulics, but
*it will have a manual angle adjustment.
*Get a blade with hyd angle.
Manual is a PITA especially on cold bone chilling winter days climbing on and off the tractor constantly to angle the blade trying to plow snow.

I think it should lift the tires off the ground. This is a technique used frequently with similarly powered tractors equipped with backhoes. I would get on a new 1860, 2360 or 24 at the dealer and try the same thing. The price is so-so. I would price out a new 1850 at the dealer to compare. I've bypassed used units before because the financing on new units was so attractive. Depends if financing is important to you.** Is the front blade he's offering hydraulic?
**Nope .

/ BX 1830 what to pay?
I am going to try to negotiate a better price tomorrow. Any suggestions?

I have the machine at my property for a demo and it will easily lift the front end off of the ground with the fel.

/ BX 1830 what to pay? #9  
You can probably get a NEW BX1860 with similar equipment and 0% financing for somewhere between $12,000 and $13,000. I was recently quoted prices between $13,000 and $13,500 at two different dealerships for a new BX2360 with FEL and 60"MMM before I decided to get the B7510. I believe the difference in price between the 1860 and the 2360 is a little over $1,000. So, if you still want to go used, $9,700 sounds like a fair price, but not a steal. If you can get it for $9,000 or less in the condition its in, you will probably have a fair deal. Note that there are several BX1850s, similarly equiped with fewer hours on TractorHouse: Used Tractors at TractorHouse.com: John Deere Tractors, used farm tractors and farm equipment, Case IH, New Holland, Agco, Caterpillar. for around $9,500.

/ BX 1830 what to pay?
I think I'm going to take the plunge tomorrow and get the machine. When I first tried the machine out I was not at all impressed with the digging ability and felt the machine was very unstable. Feeling a little disappointed I called the dealership and told them to come get it. I seemed like the machine was over kill for cutting my small lawn and not big enough to use the bucket the way that I would want to.

Since it looked as though the 3 point hitch was never used I just assumed that the tires were loaded since the fel looked like it had been used a good bit. When I checked the tires there was no fluid in them and I figured that the lack of a counter weight might have been reason for the poor digging and instability. I talked to the dealer the next day and he told me to come to the dealership to get a ballast box that I could attach to the machine. Once I hooked up the loaded ballast box it was an entirely different machine! The ballast box made a huge difference in digging ability (traction) and stability.

So I have decided to buy the machine for $9,000 including tax and my trade and got the dealer to include the ballast box in on the deal. After searching really hard on the internet and calling dealerships I couldn't find a much better deal here in Pennsylvania. Overall I think I got a pretty good deal considering the machine looks like it is brand new and comes with the attachments I need.

I would also like to let everyone know that used machines at dealerships are eligible to finance on a Kubota charge at 1.25% percent interest which is the only reason that I considered this machine.