Price Check B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price??

/ B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price?? #1  

tommyz270

Silver Member
Tractor
Still looking...
Want your feedback everyone.

It's a 2007, B7510, 155 hours, looks like new, loader on front, 5ft Land Pride finishing mower on back.

He's asking $10,750.

Is that a good price?

What do you think it should be?

/ B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price??
I just drove it - it's NOT hydrostat. It's regular geared with clutch.

Still good deal?? He'll throw in an old box blade for the back as well.

One this is that when the clutch is depressed, it take a bit for the gears to stop grinding before I can put it in gear - sound like a problem?

Thanks again

/ B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price?? #4  
You should look at the loader. If it is an LA272 or an LA302. They are both good but the 302 has slightly higher lift capacity and is more expensive as you might expected. I think it would still be a decent price for the package. Ask the owner if you could go mow and use the loader for at least 15-20 minutes. See how you feel about the gear transmission. Change directions, unhook and hook up that mower. I have not driven a 7510 gear model, but on most gear tractors you must come to a complete stop before changing gear. That may have been the source for grinding.
Good luck.

/ B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price?? #5  
I think it would be a pretty good price here in NH too. That being said...... I couldn't live without a hydrostat for my uses. I agree you should ask to use it for a little bit to see how you like the gear trans.

/ B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price?? #6  
I test drove a gear model and almost went with it but am sure glad I went with a hydro. There are way to many times I have to back up for a different angle when mowing. With the gear drive every time you stop to change directions the pto is going to stop.
Rob

/ B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price?? #7  
Locality, locality, locality.
My package in my sig was 11.5.
So far I've dumped about $200 into chains and hooks.
For real price comparisons check Used Kubota Tractors and sold prices at auctions.

Also - what are the parts worth to YOU?

I don't plan on mowing, I needed a box blade, backhoe, trailer,bush hog, PHD, grapple, 24 HP tractor.
Still have to get the backhoe, bush hog, grapple and PHD. A MMM would have been useless, seeders, tillers, subsoil plows are useless to me. I would have to sell a finishing mower.

So when buying used plan what you know you need.

Also - sounds like you are working with a dealer - what's the support likely to be?

My package I paid for what I hauled, no support envisioned.

Good luck!

NH-Rob, you comment "With the gear drive every time you stop to change directions the pto is going to stop." really hit home for me.

I have another thread asking the differences between hydro and gear and I think you just hit the main reason to get a hydro.

But, this goes with PTO for everything.... bush hog, mowing, tilling - everything.

Wondering -- does this include the MMM (belly mower) also? Gear = disengage everytime and Hydro = always stay running??

Now I'm starting to wonder if going new is just the way to go... for (I don't know how much more, I'm hoping about 2 to 3k) I can get 0% financing for 3 yrs, 4yrs with 15% down and the warranty.

Any input?

I think they still have some 7510's left over that they can sell new, looking to get with a 54" MMM and loader (I'd like to get the 302, but may have to get the 272 based on cost). Any ideas on good price to pay?

/ B7510 - loader - finishing mower - good price?? #10  
I bought my B7510 for 10,500... it is an '05 model, LA302 loader, 60" rear mount finish mower, and a rear scraper blade. It had 315 or so hours on it, and I purchased it from the original owner, complete with the receipts and maintenence records.

It is a hydro though, not gear. As many times as I have to change directions or speeds mowing, I'm not sure I would want a gear driven for that.