Woods BH......maybe??

/ Woods BH......maybe?? #1  

ldim

Well I've decided to just keep my B2410. It's a great machine and the size is right. But I am going to put a Woods BH70x on it. Now I've priced out a new Woods w/thumb and using the tractor hydraulics with the 4 point frame mount. Came to about $6800 installed and delivered. But now I have just returned from looking at a privately owned 2006 Woods BH70x, no thumb but with self contained hydraulics pump, tank, etc mounted on the original frame mount that hangs under the tractor and attaches to the FEL support. The machine is absolutely new and will fit onto my machine as is. This can be had for $4800. That's a considerable savings over new but it does have that huge sub-frame to store when off the machine and it doesn't have a thumb. I've been told that the self contained machines that use a PTO pump are better but I don't know. A new machine comes with a 2 year warranty. Any thoughts??
Larry

/ Woods BH......maybe?? #2  
I recomend the PTO pump either way personally.

/ Woods BH......maybe?? #3  
<snip> Came to about $6800 installed and delivered. <snip> Any thoughts??
Larry

Obviously I don't get the best prices. 3 dealers, $7.3K, $7.3K, $7K w/o thumb or delivery.

I would recommend you look at some of the Kubota w/ thumbs threads here. I was going to go Brotek until my $7K dealer gave me a good price on a Woods thumb.
You've got two main things to consider that I will comment on -
Whatcha going do with the BH off?
How often are you going to do it?

I don't plan on doing much seat time w/o the BH I'm getting for a while.
If you are going to be using the BH for 2 hours then driving a PHD for 2 hrs the swapping out will become tedious.

BUTT - if I had come to the same dilemma as you 2 weeks ago (before I dropped a Cnote) I would have gone with the 2006 and added a BroTek.

/ Woods BH......maybe?? #4  
$2,000 is a lot of money to pay extra, I think that a 4-point fame mount is better but for that kind of money I think I would go with the used but in new condition Woods.

steve