Price Check Price check on B2320 DT with Loader

/ Price check on B2320 DT with Loader #1  

mswlogo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 DT (Gear)
I got a price of $12,567.00 for a new B2320 DT (non Hydro Transmission) with Loader.

Is that a good price these days?

/ Price check on B2320 DT with Loader #2  
I don't think a lot of people get the gear model on the B2320 or the B7510 when they still made them. So. You may not get a whole lot of responses. I would look at the prices reported here on the same setup with hydro transmission and subtract about $1000 or so.
Best of luck with your search. They are very good tractors.

/ Price check on B2320 DT with Loader
I don't think a lot of people get the gear model on the B2320 or the B7510 when they still made them. So. You may not get a whole lot of responses. I would look at the prices reported here on the same setup with hydro transmission and subtract about $1000 or so.
Best of luck with your search. They are very good tractors.

I'm worried the dealer gave me the price without the loader.

It was like $15,250 for B2320 HST with loader and $12,500 for B2330 DT (supposedly with loader). But now I'm wondering if he screwed up.

/ Price check on B2320 DT with Loader #4  
I just got a quote for a 2620 hst with a loader for $12825.00. Sounds like you should call another dealer for a quote.

/ Price check on B2320 DT with Loader #5  
That quote doesn't sound right to me either. Double check, or check with another dealer.

That quote doesn't sound right to me either. Double check, or check with another dealer.

Well I just checked it is with loader, loaded tires and bucket hook for. $12,567.00 for the non HST.

If it really is $1000.00 difference for HST then $12,825.00 sounds feasable because the $12,567.00 is with no haggling at all and he may do a little better.

But his advertized price on the B2320 HST is $15,250.00 and $15,500.00 for the B2920 HST.

He said prices are all over the place because every lot he buys he gets a differenct price and if he got it last fall he is giving prices based on what he bought them for.

/ Price check on B2320 DT with Loader #7  
My dealer had a B7510 gear transmission in stock for a few (2-3) years with ag tires on it. They don't sell too many of them though they are great for some uses, and that is probably a part of the nice price you are seeing. For some reason, one sees more gear transmission small tractors of other makes like Kioti, and Massey, and I don't have clue why that is. I like gear tractors, but don't like the idea that the PTO stops when you push in the clutch. That is a problem for mowing, or snowblowing, but for not much else, and those aren't your uses.

Thanks chuck that's the stuff I like to know for the PTO on the DT.

So if you put the tractor in Neutral and let out the clutch does the PTO run. If so would that solve the issue?

Can you explain a little real world experience why it's annoying for the PTO to stop when clucth is in? I doubt I'll ever cut lawn with it but may some day want to use it for snow.

It's not a special deal on the manual transmissions. It's all based on prices he bought them for and what he has in stock. He said he sells a lot of the direct transmission and had 6 and just sold 2. He said the price will go way up on the next lot. probably by $2K-ish.

/ Price check on B2320 DT with Loader #9  
The pto on the gear B series tractors is transmission driven, so if the clutch is depressed the pto is disengaged. You are correct that with the transmission in neutral, and the clutch released, the pto will run. The two issues with small gear drive tractors, and transmission driven pto is that you are limited by gear selection to the speed you can travel with the pto at operating rpm. Usually, it is more of a problem going as slow as you want than it is in going too fast. If you are mowing, and going from forward to reverse, each time you depress the clutch the pto stops. On some implements, perhaps rotary cutters for example, there may be enough momentum to keep the implement turning while you shift. Other times like snowblowing into a bank, you might easily end up with a blower full of snow, and no power to the blower to clear it, resulting in a plugged blower. I guess there are other examples, but those come to mind. If you might want to run a chipper, make sure that you can run the pto without being on the seat. It should be possible, as it is on my HST tractor. With HST, the pto is "live" or continuous, or independent. Those things mean basically that the pto will run while the tractor is stopped, and ground speed is independent of the pto speed. One can barely creep with the pto at full speed, or stop, and reverse with the attachment running at full pto speed. The other thing that is nice is that the tractor is always "in gear" so you are never dependent on the rear brakes for stopping. I would think that would be nice on a slippery boat ramp.

Thanks for the info,that was really helpful.

Do you know if the lowest speed on the B2320 HST is geared lower than the lowest speed on a BX24. I want more grunt than the bx24 had and I thought the DT was the best way to get it. Since the B2320 has 3 speeds I fugured they would go a little lower and little higher than a bx.