Industrial Tire Set for BX2660

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
In my search to decide if I wanted a BX, I came across a dealer that said an additional set of tires and rims (industrial tread) would cost only $300. I think that is outrageous! Outrageously cheap! I thought about buying them just because I'd have them if I needed them for heavy FEL work and snow moving. I'd probably use them seldom, but you know that when I'd decide I need them, they'll be $1,200. IT may be a bunch of bull, but he said he buys them through some wholesale warehouse, and they are cheap. After he told me he had a 60" rear blade for $700 for he BX, I questioned his legitimacy. Now, if I could get the R4's for $300, well, that'd be a different story.

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #2  
In my search to decide if I wanted a BX, I came across a dealer that said an additional set of tires and rims (industrial tread) would cost only $300. I think that is outrageous! Outrageously cheap! I thought about buying them just because I'd have them if I needed them for heavy FEL work and snow moving. I'd probably use them seldom, but you know that when I'd decide I need them, they'll be $1,200. IT may be a bunch of bull, but he said he buys them through some wholesale warehouse, and they are cheap. After he told me he had a 60" rear blade for $700 for he BX, I questioned his legitimacy. Now, if I could get the R4's for $300, well, that'd be a different story.

Thats a good price. Paid 50 more if I remember right. I use turfs for most things but like the R4's when using the FEL extensively and for some of the muckier stuff. so far haven't needed Ag's. I try to avoid that situation.

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #3  
robert m,
my dealer quoted me $389.00 for the set . . . jump quickly.
shrekbelly

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #4  
Thats a good price. Paid 50 more if I remember right. I use turfs for most things but like the R4's when using the FEL extensively and for some of the muckier stuff. so far haven't needed Ag's. I try to avoid that situation.
Ag's save me from needing 2 sets of tires and having to keep switching them back and forth all the time.

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #5  
Currently they are 354. less freight.

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #6  
Ag's save me from needing 2 sets of tires and having to keep switching them back and forth all the time.

I always thought that Ags had a more aggressive tread than R4s. My R4s do a number on my lawn if the ground is damp. I'm looking for turfs myself.

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #7  
I always thought that Ags had a more aggressive tread than R4s. My R4s do a number on my lawn if the ground is damp. I'm looking for turfs myself.
Ags are more aggresive. LB isn't telling you the whole story about his ags. He usually always shows pictures of his 3 BX's but this time he didn't. I seem to remember he has other than ags on his other tractors.

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #8  
I4's and R4's are the same thing. I confirmed this today with Steve Barlow. Basically there are 3 tire treads ags, R's (I'S) and turf. So it looks like it's the different story you were talking about.

/ Industrial Tire Set for BX2660 #9  
I was at the dealer today and they said that the front complete tire and rim are $57 each the rears are $100 each.