buy now or wait for new line-up in October

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #11  
"boman" has a point. It's your money, but I've agonized over things in the past for no reason. If you can & want to wait, there'll probably be both models to look at (is Kubota doing something drastic? Orange Boomers?). But I use bowman's reasoning sometimes, after considering our debt level (banks say 40% of salary, I say 10-15% lower than that), or other desires/plans, and a wee bit of practicality.

As my friends say (& I'm seeing here a lot).........pull the trigger. When you're ready.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #12  
I'd wait if you're planning on using a mmm. Supposedly the new mmm will be an easy off, easy on unit. The improved serviceability is nothing to sniff at if you've cursed the engine oil fill on the current units.

The hydraulic oil level will also be easier to check. I'd say wait if you don't absolutely need the tractor now. If you buy now, you're still getting a great tractor at a great price.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #13  
Where did you find out about all the changes for the new model year? Are the oil fill and hydro changes going to effect the B7500? Is the 60 MMM change just a change to the deck or are the tractors also going to be modified to make the on/off easier?
Thanks
Tim

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #14  
I think they are talking L series. J

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #15  
The B series already has the easy on/off linkage for the mmm. I don't know anything about the current serviceability of the B series or if it will change on the new series. Take a look at the engine fill for accessibility on a current model. On the L series it's a minor nuisance.

Unless you want factory remotes I wouldn't wait for a new B series.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #16  
Any changes planned for the larger Grand L's?

Any HST options on the M series?

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #17  
Other than what I mentioned, I don't know. It is my understanding the easy on/off mmm system applies to all the L series.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #18  
Excuse my ignorance, but what are factory remotes?

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #19  
Darren,

Only the L3010, L3410 and L3710 currently have Mid PTOs. Therefore, they are the only L series that can use a MMM.

Will the new equivalent L4310 and L4610 have Mid PTOs?

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #20  
I don't know. Kubota never expected folks who bought an L series and a mmm would be removing and replacing the mmm frequently. Their expectations were that L series tractors equipped with a mmm would be dedicated mowing machines.

With that in mind (what follows is conjecture) I think the question is does Kubota expect the larger L's to be used for mowing. If so, then a mid pto might show up. If not the mid pto isn't ever an option. I'm sure Kubota has looked at the numbers of L's sold and the number of matching mmm. If the number of mmm is low compared to the number of L3710s and lower hp L's sold, I wouldn't expect much of a demand for a higher hp mower. No perceived demand, no mid pto on the higher hp L's

When you think about it a 30 hp lawn mower is already pretty outrageous. How many need 40 hp?