buy now or wait for new line-up in October

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #1  

sammyboy

Thanks everyone for input re GST or HST. I'll go give them both a try. Now for the next issue. Kubota is going to intoduce it's new line-up in September. Should I buy my L3410 now or wait for the newest edition. My understanding is that the new edition will include "improved servicability", increase loader and 3 point hitch capacity, improve emissions, will be slightly quieter and have some cosmetic changes. I've got to assume it will cost more, especially given the rebates offered at the moment. Should I wait or go now?

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #2  
I am cashless, so I am waiting. Factors in my wait point to the following:

No cash
No cash
No cash
The econony sucks, I expect more rate drops, thus making financing more attractive later.
The economy sucks, thus making deals look better in the future.
The market is approaching what I feel is saturation. Look at the new equipment purchased on this board. I feel in six months time the dealers will have to make deals again....

Did I say I have no cash?

-Mike Z.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #3  
Wow, dont we have an attitude?/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif.

All I have heard is that rates might be going up because everywhere except our world the perception is that the economy is getting better. TBN membership is up 50% in the last year proving the city folk that have built thier dream house on 5 acres are now focusing on the smaller purchases like CUTs and pole barns and landscaping for their property. I personally dont see the dealers hurting anytime soon.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #4  
I wonder if the price of steel going up like 10% will have an effect on the prices of our tractors? If anything, I see an increase in price, especially with no rebate on top of that.

Frank

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #5  
I have to wait, but I am sure new model more money!

KCook

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #6  
Cons of buying now:
1. You don't get the new most current model.
2. You might get better financing in October (doubt it).
3. Price might be lower on the new model (doubt it again).
4. You won't have any payments until November.
5. <add more here>

Pros of buying now:
1. You get a proven model that won't have to have the bugs worked out of it at your inconvience.
2. $1,400 rebate
3. You get a tractor now to use now no waiting until October, November, December, etc...
4. No waiting for the tractors to come in (usually there is a wait for new models; just ask those BX22 wanna be owners).
5. Finance rates are set and very good at the moment.
6. I love the smell of diesel fumes in the morning... You can too.
7. Attached vew.

What ever you do, make sure you get a FEL...

Attachments

• 1-160408-DriversView.jpg
    1-160408-DriversView.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 66
   / buy now or wait for new line-up in October #7  
Also,

You probably have jobs to do. So the cost of these may factor into your needs. How much will it cost you to find someone to do that job, when will it be done, will it be done to your satisfaction?

Your needs now... vs. the economic factors that are beyond your control.....

Tough choice... good luck.

Oh, if I had the cash, you'd see a glow on MrP's photo, that'd be me glowing! /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif
-Mike Z.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #8  
seems like u are set on the tractor u want. so what ? u are going to waitalmost 5 months to get a newer version of your tractor? what does "improved servisability" mean? more fel capacity? 10lbs more lift? so u want to wait to buy a machine that is going to be basically the same, pay more, not get good rates, and loose a whole summer of using it/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif guess what i am about to tell u? BUY IT NOW!!!!

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #9  
The BEST deals are to be made NOW.If I was in the market for a new tractor,I would buy NOW,no question about it.

I doubt if the new models will be that much different than the present. Like you say,this economy will change,and you will pay more the longer you wait.

/ buy now or wait for new line-up in October #10  
Buy ASAP. You may die before owning a tractor and they ain't gonna bury your money or bills with you.