Price Check price of used L3010 HST

/ price of used L3010 HST #1  

sammyboy

Does anyone have a rough idea of the trade in value of a well maintained used L3010 HST with 100 hours (new in 2001), with FEL, turf tires. A landscaper I know wants to sell one and upgrade and said he will sell it to me for whatever the trade in value is. I think I could get a brand spanky new one for about $18,000 with rebate. Would I save much by buying used?

/ price of used L3010 HST #2  
Remember as far as trade in value goes. A dealer excepting it as a trade in, will normally offer less than the current actual value. This way the dealer can mark up the price to current value or in excess of it, to allow for his profit.
If this Landscaper freind of yours will sell his 100 hour L3010 for current "trade in value". And its in good shape, you may be looking at a very good deal. However some landscape companies, ( if they have lots of employees ) will allow lots of employees to operate a peice of equipment. And you never know who might have abused it.
I would call several dealers ( They don't nessacarily have to be Kubota dealers ). And tell them your interested in buying a new tractor, and have them quote you a trade in value on this L3010. Have your freind give you a list with all the options this tractor is equipped with ( Transmission, tires, accessaries, etc. ), so you can get a fair value from the dealers.
I'd say you might have a pretty good deal here, good luck.

/ price of used L3010 HST #3  
A number of Kubota dealers here in Arkansas are selling the L3010 HST with FEL and Turf tires for $100 or so either side of $16000.00 after rebate.

/ price of used L3010 HST #5  
Sammy,

Get a quote from Carver. Then take 3K off the price. I would think that would be reasonable.

/ price of used L3010 HST #6  
I was watching a crew install a water line down the road one day last spring. They were really working well with the equipment and then the boss (owner of the constuction company) left. They obviously decided they wanted to head to the Tavern a little early. One fellow on a small new Ford with a grader box (about the size of a BX 2200) beat that machine to death. I cringed with every gear grind I heard. That kid should have been sent to the wood shed.

My point is as was mentioned above. You don't know what idiot has been operating the equipment. I was going to buy used when I bought my ATV a few years ago and then decided to buy new when I saw what some people do to the machines. Not much dif between new and used unless it's several years old. I ended with a new Polaris then and it has been used hard but I have never hurt it and I know what I have put it through. Same with my new BX2200... I have made a few mistakes with it but I have never hurt it.. It's hard to say what someone else has done to a used one....

Just a thought...... My peace of mind is I was the only owner.