b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ?

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #1  

triumphsp3

Tractor
2009 b3200 tlb
Hi TBN folks
after much deliberation and my family sick of hearing about my tractor lust! I am going to buy a tractor.
I have narrowed it down to the b2620 tlb with thumb.
I have 2 acres, no mowing needs, mostly landscaping and backhoe work. stone wall rebuilding and snow removal on 4 driveways.
my delemma is that the dealer just quoted me a b 3200 tlb thumb for $1500 dollars more than the 2620 ( he doesn't have those in stock)
B3200 tlb thumb for $24500 delivered and 50 hr service included.
(barlow is 23500 + 900 shipping so the price sounds right?)

Is the bh 76 that much more powerful than the bh65 ?
should I jump up?? thanks for the input, i don't want to have buyers remorse

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #2  
For that difference, I would go bigger for sure. Over the life of a loan, thats not to much more of a note, and you could just pay down that much more, and have the same note.

I am wanting to upgrade, and thinking of the same two machines, but I have only a acre of land, and some time, work at a local grave yard, where keeping the small foot print, is need, to work around the tomb stones.

just my two cents

Troy

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #3  
The BH76 has 1' more reach, 30 degrees more boom swing, and 30% more digging force than the BH65. Look around at where you might be digging and see if that 30% more swing will make it a lot easier to position the tractor, and place the spoils. Most of the places I would be digging in are pretty wet so it would be a good thing for me. Perhaps around the grave stones you will have the same issues. I think that the B3200 TLB is worth 1500 more, and probably would have bought one myself if they had been out then. I am debating getting the backhoe for mine still though, and think it would be pretty capable within it's reach, and limits.

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #4  
I have 2 properties - 2 acres and 24 acres - 75% off my tractor time is on the 2 acres. I convinced myself time and time again go "bigger" (I was upgrading from a BX22 TLB). I was 90% ready to go with the 3200....then I sat on both tractors side by side. 20 seconds on the 3200 seat told me go with 2X20. For my needs in the next 5+ years I knew I would be happier with the slightly smaller / nimbler platform. Also, when I looked at the 3200 BH arraignment it was much more of a "larger" platform than I needed.

My advice is sit (drive if possible) both - the expression I used in the past is you will have a "seat in the pants" answer....one that may surprise you and after you made the decision (which ever one you go with) it will be the right one.

Here are a couple of comparo pics of the 2920 and 3200 (took these when I visited Barlows - did you call them?). Not srue if you can tell but there is a BIG differance between the two.

The 3200 is an awesome awesome machine - I wish I had the application for it but MY needs just didnt warrant it at this time.

Sit on them both.

Good Luck,

~J

Attachments

• P1010273.JPG
    P1010273.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 603
  • P1010274.JPG
    P1010274.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 385
  • P1010268.JPG
    P1010268.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 329
  • P1010275.JPG
    P1010275.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 596
  • P1010299.JPG
    P1010299.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 481
  • P1010298.JPG
    P1010298.JPG
    678.1 KB · Views: 612
   / b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #5  
You say you have a significant need for snow removal. The 3200 has the optional quick coupler for swapping the bucket out with other buckets, pallet forks, etc. I think you can get this to work with the 2620 too but I'm not sure how much effort is involved. In any case, a TLB is not ideal for snow removal as is.

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ?
thanks for the replies.
it is a tough decision when the prices are so close!
my seat of the pants tells me to go with the 2620, but my friends and from reading the TBN posts are telling me to go with one size up!

aaarggggghhhhhh... decisions decisions its my b-day tomorrow so tomorrow is the day to decide !

I talked to Brady Barlow , definitely the best price, showed the quote to my local dealer and they matched it for what it would have cost to ship. I also asked for the 50 hr service and any transport in the first year (for warranty) to be included. the dealer said yes and didn't want to lose the sale.
I think i will be selling the ingersoll tractor, it won't get any use once the kubota arrives !
thanks

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #7  
thanks for the replies.
it is a tough decision when the prices are so close!
my seat of the pants tells me to go with the 2620, but my friends and from reading the TBN posts are telling me to go with one size up!

aaarggggghhhhhh... decisions decisions its my b-day tomorrow so tomorrow is the day to decide !

I talked to Brady Barlow , definitely the best price, showed the quote to my local dealer and they matched it for what it would have cost to ship. I also asked for the 50 hr service and any transport in the first year (for warranty) to be included. the dealer said yes and didn't want to lose the sale.
I think i will be selling the ingersoll tractor, it won't get any use once the kubota arrives !
thanks

ahhhh but Brady will give you a HAT!!!! :D :D :D

Good Luck - thumbs up on the sale of the igersoll but whatever you do - dont sell the Speed Triple!!! ;)

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #8  
one size up from the 2620 is the 2920. I was looking to upgrade from a bx2200 and looked at the 2920 tlb and the 3200 tlb. I took the 2920 home and ended up calling the dealer to pick it up and bring me the 3200. I am very happy with my tractor and I am sure the dealer is as well since I proceeded to buy all new land pride implements. I think you really need to go out and drive both as was suggested and then buy. Also ask if once you get it home if it would be ok to trade up or down if you need to. My dealer had no problem taking the 2920 back. just dont abuse the tractor and expect them to take it back. I am sure you would not.

good luck and happy b day

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ? #9  
You might check with Barlow's about the price for the B2620 TLB. I am really surprised there is only $1500 difference between it and the B3200 TLB.

However, I would suggest the B3200 setup if we are not talking about price differences. You are not going to be mowing so the extra weight and size shouldn't really be a problem. Plus the extra weight is better for loader and BH work. Every time I use my BH65 I wish it had more power and reach. I do however think it is sized appropiatly for the the size of tractor it is on. And I accept this trade off for the one tractor does everything setup I have. Keep in mind I am used to using a 12-14,000 lb full size TLB with about 14' reach.

Good Luck ! :)

/ b3200 tlb or b2620tlb ?
ahhhh but Brady will give you a HAT!!!! :D :D :D

Good Luck - thumbs up on the sale of the igersoll but whatever you do - dont sell the Speed Triple!!! ;)

forgot to mention the hat!! it's included! :D I think barlow's is changing the playing field.. with some of the local dealers
and I won't get rid of the speed triple -- it's a blast!:)