Question for you B3200 owners...

/ Question for you B3200 owners... #1  

Signa

Tractor
Kubota B3200
Ok, folks - first post, but I've been cruising around TBN for a few months as I researched info on my first tractor. I feel like I know many of you already! After much looking, I think I've gotten it narrowed down to the Kubota B2920 or the B3200.

I know about the 2620 and if the 29 wasn't available, I'd be looking at that, too. But for the price difference I was quoted, it makes sense to me to go with the 2920. I've got all the published specs and have compared the 2920 to the 3200 for more hours than I'll admit to my wife. I've been keenly following the posts regarding the vibration issues some people have reported in the 4 cylinders.

I'm looking for a TLB primarily, but will have use for the 3PH as well. What I haven't seen yet is a B3200 with a BH. The one dealer I went to had a B2920 TLB, not a B3200, so in trying to steer me away from the 3200, told me that the subframe for the 3200 makes it much more difficult to uninstall/install the lower link arms than on the 2920. Supposedly the 2920 subframe has a hole on each side in the back to allow the pin which holds the lower link arms and the stabilizers to slide all the way out until it hits the rear wheel. In other words, slide the pin all the way to the left and the right LLA and stabilizer comes off. Reverse course and remove the other two. He told me that the 3200 subframe lacks these holes, so you can only move the pin far enough to remove the LLA. The stabilizer is removed by unscrewing the turnbuckle all the way.

If this is true, it seems like quite a bit more hassle when I need to use a blade or rake or mower. If any of you can confirm whether this is true, I'd greatly appreciate it. (sorry for such a long post)

/ Question for you B3200 owners... #2  
I have a 3200 tlb. I had the 2920 tlb but after a weekend i had the dealer pick it up and drop off the 3200. I love the 3200. I have to say I dont notice enough vibration to make me worry but it did seem the 2920 was smoother. I think you need to try out the 3200 you might get to see if it has vibration. I took the back hoe off a few weeks ago to use the tiller and bush hog. I had them on in no time. I think the hardest part is you do need to screw on the two turnbuckles that go to the check chains. the rest is pins. I gave it all a squirt of pb blaster and it all came together no problem. I keep pb blaster in the pole barn and I seem to use it all the time. Makes things go a lot smoother. I never did take off the 2920 back hoe so I cant say it is any easier. I would just pick one and ask the dealer if it would be ok to trade it for the other if it does not work out.

/ Question for you B3200 owners...
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it wasn't so painful afterall. You just might have convinced me (that and the fact that my dealer still hasn't been able to get a 2920 in). I think I might be going shopping tomorrow!

By the way, I'm not familiar with PB Blaster. What is that?

/ Question for you B3200 owners... #4  
have fun shopping! Make sure you ask your dealer if it would be ok to trade which ever one you come home with if you dont like the tractor. It seems like most dealers do not mind but I would not take it for granted. make sure you dive the tractor you will be getting and check the serial number to make sure it is the same one they deliver. also as for a hat. lol I did not get one but feel now that i should have. then again my dealer has treated me very well so a hat does not matter to me as much as the great service that i get.

Pb blaster is like wd 40 but much better! if you dont have pb blaster at home now be sure to get some as soon as possible. I also have some other stuff in a black can i think it is marvel mystery oil or something that is good when you want to leave a lub film behind.