What's Tractorbynet?

/ What's Tractorbynet? #1  

drpepper

Bronze Member
Tractor
54 Super C Farmall, L3000Dt Kubota
What\'s Tractorbynet?

The Kubota people called me for a survey. Wanted to know how I knew about Kubota's. Wanted to know if I had seen their "National advertising." Wanted to know how I knew about their rebate. I told them that the majority of information I had came from "Tractorbynet". The fellow I talked to had never heard of it! I told him that they had better pay attention. As far as I am concerned, more tractors are sold due to Tractorbynet than anything else. I think they should give this forum a comission on every Kubota sold, and I told them so.

/ What's Tractorbynet? #2  
Re: What\'s Tractorbynet?

I bought my L3010 after reading all the posts here. My Kubota dealer told me "Most of the internet is trying to sell you something. Sift through it and make your own mind up."
He was correct.
I have no idea what Kubota's corporate policy is towards TBN, but it would be nice if Mohammad made a few bucks here or there!
He must, of course, maintain his complete neutrality while driving his Kubota…

/ What's Tractorbynet? #3  

Yet another reason to register. I've mentioned this site to some "powers that be" before. However with less than 5000 registered members "considering the scope of things it just does'nt seem to carry enough clout to pay attention to" Just a real world observation. Not that I agree with the statement. I feel from talking with customers (some of you, I know come to me with info from this site, [you don't know who you are /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif]) I think this site gives a pretty good feel for what you guys (and alleged gals) want and expect.

/ What's Tractorbynet? #4  

Kubmech
<font color=blue> However with less than 5000 registered members</font color=blue>
You are right about not many members in relation to the number of <font color=orange>Kubota’s</font color=orange> sold. But I just check “Who's Online”. There are 8 registered members and 14 unregistered persons online. The unregistered viewers have a large impact on the buying public.

/ What's Tractorbynet? #5  

re; only 5000 strong
lemme see 5000 members, if each buy a tractor with an average price of $10,000.00 simple math...
$ 50,000,000.00 no longer a small group dontcha think?

/ What's Tractorbynet? #6  

This site rocks, until we load the rocks in our FELs. This site is very helpful on every aspect of tractoring, besides that I've made a pile of new friends.

How many tractors does Kubota sell?
Now what percentage of the new owners know of TractorByNet?
It don't really matter if those "powers that be" know whats going on since it won't be the first time.

I love my 'Bota. I do have complaints with Kubota. I've owned my Kubota for over 1 year and in that time I have received only on little customer survey from Kubota. I have registered on Kubota's web site too. It looks like a catalog of whatever, a thank you, a followup on how I like my 'Bota, a note for special deals on their anniversary, etc.

I can buy a $50 piece of PC software and can't keep the mail/email away, but for a $10,000 + tractor only one bulked mailed survey.

/ What's Tractorbynet? #7  

This forum has a lot of impact.
I've been reading for only about 3 weeks. In that time I have sold my 18 year old B6100, and made the deal for a new 2710. I had made up my mind for a 7500, but after reading everything I could here, I kept moving up. (Rebates didn't hurt either).

Now if the guys who really make a living with their tractors would quit breaking down, the dealer could get my Kubota ready and delivered. Looks like Friday.

/ What's Tractorbynet? #8  

Well, at least you had SOME recognition from Kubota that you are a known owner. I've never recieved anything from them at all! It would be nice to see at least the survey so I'd know I would be on their list of owners.

/ What's Tractorbynet? #9  

<font color=blue>considering the scope of things it just does'nt seem to carry enough clout to pay attention to</font color=blue>

The realistic scope is something along the lines of 45,000 unique users/month. There are only about 15,000 tractors sold during the more popular sales months, not to say that all buyers are on TractorByNet.com, of course. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

However, we have done extensive analysis of the traffic and visitors to this site, and the realistic influence on new tractor sales is in the 25-30% range.

The number of people who actually go online AND talk about something, is typically a very small percentage, in any online market. The forums are representative of about 4% of our traffic.

/ What's Tractorbynet? #10  

Maybe I worded that wrong...... What I was trying to say is there is alot to be gained from this site. Any tractor dealer that want's to gain more insight to what their cust's want as far as hardware, service, etc., what else they may be looking at before purchasing and what steered them in the direction they took on thier final purchase decision should be paying attention. I have personally gained a better understanding of my customers as well as learned of and found the answer to service issues before someone actually called about them. All of which has helped me serve my customers better. However when mentioned to "others" at Kubota as well as in my dealership they just don't seem to take this form of information very serious. In my opinion they are missing out on a good source of information because they just look at the number at the top of the forum. Some dealers do and I believe profit from it, I noticed Carvers was in the top ten in sales last year for their region. They pay attention and it pays off. The quoted statement were not my words but those of some, which seems to be the general feelings of the "powers that be" that I regularly come in contact with. Thanks for the numbers Muhammad, I always felt this site had a pretty good impact on tractoring. Now I know for sure.