Got my M7040

/ Got my M7040 #11  
Congratulations on the new 7040!

That is the size tractor I needed but I found a deal on a M95. I love the tractor, the power is awesome. I'm finding out the cost of the bigger implements is also awesome. :(

Have fun.

/ Got my M7040
Hey Lyrch,

Congrats on your purchase...Is this unit an 2009? If so, does the motor have a turbo? I found conflicting info on Kubota's website.

Thanks in advance and good luck with your tractor...

Jimmy Mac

'o9 was delivered to the dealer on March 26. It does have a turbo.

I had the same confusion as to if the 7040 was or was not t/c, so I just looked under the hood when I was at the dealer one trip.

/ Got my M7040 #13  
Thaks Lyrch...Good luck again!!

jimmy mac

/ Got my M7040 #14  
I stopped by and checked my dealer last night. The M series (6040 and 5040) they had all had turbos if they had a -1 after the model number. ie: M6040-1.

I just bought a non turbo M7040. Would have gotten a newer turbo one but they didn't qualify for the 60mo financing and were $4k more around here.

/ Got my M7040
I stopped by and checked my dealer last night. The M series (6040 and 5040) they had all had turbos if they had a -1 after the model number. ie: M6040-1.

I just bought a non turbo M7040. Would have gotten a newer turbo one but they didn't qualify for the 60mo financing and were $4k more around here.

Gotcha. The M7040HDC-1 is the model designation for mine.

Mine was the 0%, so long as the dealer reordered a comparable tractor. The dealer I went to has a couple old greenhouses that he keeps his stock in so he didn't mind getting a late season tractor in.

/ Got my M7040 #16  
That's very interesting about the turbo charged models. Kubota's website shows some information indicating the turbo charged models, but other pages (specifications) doesn't mention it.

The literature I picked up at the dealer yesterday didn't mention it, nor did the salesman.

It looks like the turbo charged M7040 has about 2 hp more on the PTO.

Is the turbo worth it? Turbos are expensive to repair if they have problems.

Ken

/ Got my M7040
That's very interesting about the turbo charged models. Kubota's website shows some information indicating the turbo charged models, but other pages (specifications) doesn't mention it.

The literature I picked up at the dealer yesterday didn't mention it, nor did the salesman.

It looks like the turbo charged M7040 has about 2 hp more on the PTO.

Is the turbo worth it? Turbos are expensive to repair if they have problems.

Ken

It seems to do a nice job with holding the motor at the 2160 or so you need to run at 540. I have mowed a few pastures and it gets a bit boring watching the digital dash read out 539, 540, 539, 540... don't know if it is that way with Kubota's other electronic motors that lack a turbo, but I know it I haven't encountered it on other tractors.

/ Got my M7040
IMG00054.jpg

Finally putting a picture up :D

little fuzzy, but whats a bit of bad focus amoungst friends ?

/ Got my M7040 #20  
You got paint on your bucket!!

I've got an M7040, had for about a year. No cab, but don't really feel the need for it, except when you run a baler.

Your going to like that tractor.