Price Check Kubota L3240HST Price Check?

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #1  

davitk

Platinum Member
L3240hst w/LA720 loader, 72" QA bucket, bought new December 2007. It now has 159 hours.

Any opinions on what it's worth?

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #2  
L3240hst w/LA720 loader, 72" QA bucket, bought new December 2007. It now has 159 hours.

Any opinions on what it's worth?

I just got a quote on a new one for $21,600. Not sure about one with 159 hours...are you buying or selling?

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #3  
Paid 18.5K for 3240 HST, HD QA 724 FEL, loaded R4's, work light and block heater in Octobe 08. 0 down/ 0 interest for 54 months. Great tractor.

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #4  
I would say around 15k to 16k would be a good deal.

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check?
I just got a quote on a new one for $21,600. Not sure about one with 159 hours...are you buying or selling?

I am considering selling; what I bought the tractor for is taking too much time from my family. Chalk it up to another lesson learned.

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #6  
davitk: I should not be asking this. Do you have anyway to transport it?

For a brief few seconds there I had the thought of selling mine here and purchasing yours given a good exchange rate (at my end).

All of that said, if and when I do replace my tractor, it really ought to be with one that has a cab.

What sort of tires do you have - are they loaded? Do you have a toothbar for it?

Might have made more sense if you were a bit closer as I will have to be 13% tax at the border. That and transportation costs will probably not make it worthwhile. Just thinking out loud here.

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #7  
Canoetrpr - Just curious...why would you be looking to upgrade from an L3400 to L3240? And why would you have to pay tax...to cross the border from US to Canada?

A few more prices that I just got from a dealer:

New L3240 - $20,800
Used L3240 - $18,500 - 7 hrs, 1 yr+ warranty left
Used L3240 - $17,500 - 150 hrs, 1 yr+ warranty left

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #8  
In all honesty, I have no good reason to want to move up from a L3400 to a L3240. My tractor has been dead reliable for me.

There are others that have had problems with the L3400 but I'll bet this is true in any model.

At the time I got my tractor I was looking for the best bang for the buck which the L3400 fit nicely. I didn't quite realize how much I would love tractoring and would probably appreciate the few bells and whistles including a QA (which I could add to a L3400 mind you). I think that the extra range in every HST range through the steering control is pretty neat and would be useful doing loader work.

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #9  
On the US / Canada thing - all goods purchased in the USA are subject to sales taxes when imported to Canada. We have two sales taxes that total 13%. This includes used products. Not a small amount to laugh at.

/ Kubota L3240HST Price Check? #10  
Canoe...Living where I do, I never realized the tax rate was so high for you up there.

Just wondering, what do people do if they are just transporting a tractor, (or whatever), across the line after doing some work on another farm? Do you have to carry papers of ownership on everything in/on your truck when going thru the border? That seems pretty tight. Tractors are not registered in SC, so not many records are kept.