B7500HSD on the way!!

/ B7500HSD on the way!! #1  

gusg

Silver Member
Tractor
B7510 with R4s
Well I went and did it tonight. Got a B7500HSD, 302 FEL, and a 60" MMM. It will be delivered on Thursday. I was ready to purchase the BX2200 as everyone recommended on the post I put in but something I remembered from a post I read here changed my mind. If I could find the thread I would give credit where credit is due. He said that what he tells people is to look at what will do the job and then move up one size. You will always find other uses for the tractor that you didn't think of and the extra size will make that possible. Besides, my wife wanted the 7500 because you have to clutch to start it and with three little ones she felt better. Actually I think that she just wants to do the loader work.

Now that I will have the tractor maybe I can now start to share my buying experiences with other would be tractor owners and spend more time in the other forums, not just Buying/Pricing.

Thanks everone!

/ B7500HSD on the way!! #2  
Congrats!

Looks like we both helped a couple of salesmen make quota this month.

Look forward to reading your project stories as well as having a few of my own to post.

Good luck;

GS

/ B7500HSD on the way!!
Re: Congrats!

The way my dealer explained it to me (he is a friend of a friend) it didn't make any difference to him which I picked. The profit was the same at the prices he quoted me.

/ B7500HSD on the way!! #4  
Congrats on your tractor. It is the same model as mine. I was able to use mine last night, the little trailer was full of fence posts and I needed to bring up a window air conditioner from the shed, so into the bucket of the Kubota. Made the worst job I have to do all year little more fun.
Tonight I need to brush hog an old fence line and rebuild the pasture fence, so more tractor work making it easy.

Boone from the hot and humid northeast Wisconsin.

/ B7500HSD on the way!! #5  
Congrats! How much did you pay for that setup? Are you going to get the rear tires filled with ballast?
Tim

/ B7500HSD on the way!!
Thanks. I paid $15,150 out the door delivered. I also got a work light installed and everything I will need for my 50 hour service thrown in. It was so tough deciding between the 7500 and BX2200. Many others have had the same tough decision looking at the number of posts on the subject. The only two things that gave me some hesitation on the 7500 was the difficulty I have heard about removing and installing the 60" MMM and the thread I read about tipping tractors. Otherwise I felt the 7500 was worth the extra $2800 and I have some room to grow into it if I move to a larger property. I worry about the BX2200 not being able to hold up for 20 years of abuse due to its size. Hope that is not true and I am wrong.

The only other thing that I will get for now is a box blade for maintaing the driveway and leveling the 60 yards of top soil that I will have soon. I found a dealer that sells First Choice that is 20 miles away. I have read that they make a really good product for the money (in fact they stand up to Land Pride). The 20 series weighs 391 for a 48" that I think will be perfect for the 7500 and I got quoted $265. Not a bad price. I got quoted $450 for a new Land Pride. I will probably go and pick one up this weekend. I already have a 5" rear blade and a roller.

gusg

/ B7500HSD on the way!!
Thanks. Have you had any of the problems removing and installing the 60" MMM I have read about if you have one? Have you ever tipped the tractor and if you did what were you doing at the time? Thanks again for the congrats.

/ B7500HSD on the way!! #8  
Any pictures of where you installed the work light? I'm trying to pick a good spot on my 7500.

/ B7500HSD on the way!!
I haven't gotten the tractor yet. Expect it tomorrow or Thursday. The dealer is putting it in the back next to the ROPS. I will post a picture if I can figure out how to do it when I get the tractor.