Price Check Kubota invoice pricing

/ Kubota invoice pricing #1  
Hey guys, I came across this in my search to find what Kubota Dealers invoice pricing is.

NEW YORK STATE CONTRACT

Adpartenly New York State has a contract for Kubota for the state. As you will note most every Kubota is 29.5% off of MSRP. You know darn well Kubota is losing money on the deal!

I don't know if anyone else has better info but I think I am going to print this out and take it to my 2 local dealers when wheeling and dealing on the a B7800.

/ Kubota invoice pricing #2  
Hey guys, I came across this in my search to find what Kubota Dealers invoice pricing is.

NEW YORK STATE CONTRACT

Adpartenly New York State has a contract for Kubota for the state. As you will note most every Kubota is 29.5% off of MSRP. You know darn well Kubota is losing money on the deal!

I don't know if anyone else has better info but I think I am going to print this out and take it to my 2 local dealers when wheeling and dealing on the a B7800.

Hey!! I'm a non-profit! And I subsidize three kids!

/ Kubota invoice pricing #3  
State contract pricing is whats offered to the state. Its a much better price than you (or even I) can buy a tractor at. The standard 'dealer invoice' is not nearly 29.5% off MSRP, and even that does not include freight or setup expenses. The actual discount from MSRP varies by product series, and today there are huge variations based on ship dates and emissions tier. (this will filter though eventually). Its alot more complicated than just kocking a % off list price, even when selling under one of these state contract programs.

/ Kubota invoice pricing #4  
29.5% off list is interresting.

Trying to say a dealer pays more is like trying to put tooth paste back into the tube.

/ Kubota invoice pricing #5  
I dont think kubota would lose money on any products , this just shows how much is really being made...

/ Kubota invoice pricing #6  
I've seen that link before and can't get it to work past the opening page. What is the secret?

My dealer, who is as trustworthy as much as any dealer, says that Kubota has a mark-up of 20% on tractors and implements with no "dealer holdback" like autos have. It takes at least a 7% profit to make it in the business according to him.

If a tractor can be negotiated for 13% below MSRP then go for it. I had two competing dealers come up with that discounted number on a M7040 and neither would go a penny lower.

/ Kubota invoice pricing #7  
I've seen that link before and can't get it to work past the opening page. What is the secret?

My dealer, who is as trustworthy as much as any dealer, says that Kubota has a mark-up of 20% on tractors and implements with no "dealer holdback" like autos have. It takes at least a 7% profit to make it in the business according to him.

If a tractor can be negotiated for 13% below MSRP then go for it. I had two competing dealers come up with that discounted number on a M7040 and neither would go a penny lower.

This is line with what my previous dealer (live to far away to buy from now) who is also a good personal friend told me. And I have no reason to doubt him. Big corporations do have different prices for other people including dealers, not too long ago I could buy Motorcraft Oil and filters from parts houses cheaper then the dealer could buy them from Ford. I was complaining about the cost at the Ford parts counter and the Parts guy who was my next door neighbor showed me their cost. So I do believe that Kubota can and will sell to large government contracts cheaper then they do the dealer.

/ Kubota invoice pricing #8  
Wow what about the southern states? Is their such an animal down here?

/ Kubota invoice pricing #9  
29.5% off list is interresting.

Trying to say a dealer pays more is like trying to put tooth paste back into the tube.

We all do except Buffalo tractor and that is only when ALL the paper work is filled in correctly with the t's crossed and i's dotted. It is a lot of extra work to do for a little.

I'm not going to say that there is not some aged inventory that might be in some dealers yards that wouldn't equal this type of savings to a buyer but it wouldn't be across the board with every piece.
It is confusing to many when it comes to bid pricing as I've had many customers on boards ask if they could buy one for that price too!

/ Kubota invoice pricing #10  
For those of you that are trying to nail it down to a specific percentage discount here's another situation that needs to be factored in. Last year I bought a L3240HST and a BX2350. A couple of months later I bought a F2680E. When I was signing the paper work for the F2680E I noticed the price was $700 less than Steve had told me it would be. As I'm looking at it he decides to tell me that I had gotten Fleet pricing. This was a Kubota decision and not his as I understand it. Guess he called for pricing originally and then when he called to make the deal their records brought me up as a Fleet buyer and dropped the price. Guess he could have not told me and made the extra $700 but he didn't. Another reason I buy from Barlows. When I bought the B3200 and BX2660 this year I asked if I was still a fleet customer and he grinned and said no.:) Guess 3 per year is the magic number. I also used to work for state government and we had contract pricing available on certain items. I hated it because it was such a pain to ever get the purchase finalized and the product in hand. Maybe if I was needing/ordering several of the same item and they were very expensive it may have been worth it.