Price Check TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions

/ TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions
Lyrch, Well I got the M59 last week and have about 20 hours on it and I feel the same way...this thing ROCKS! More than enough power for my purposes.

-Mark

/ TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions #12  
Mark, I haven't tried an L45 but I do have an L39 which I believe is the same except for the GST. I have tried an M59 and it's a great TLB but just a little too big for some of my uses. When I was shopping I demoed an L48 and L39 and decided on the L39 due to size. I'd definitely demo both before buying and see which fits your needs the best.

I wish the L45 had been available when I bought but the price you listed probably still would have put it out of my reach. FYI, I paid $34K for the L39 with adjustable forks, 3 PT, HD bucket and QA backhoe bucket.

I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

/ TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions #13  
mcmillen auger came with a skidsteer QA - better for downpressure I'd think.

Ordered the backhoe QA ears from kubota, now waiting on mcmillen piece that would weld to it to shift the auger to the hoe. Seems pretty simple, though I'm outsourcing the welding.

Charles, what model mcmillen auger?

-Mark

/ TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions #16  
Hi gang,

I'm a new poster currently shopping for my first tractor. My contractor friends tell me the Kubotas are super solid units. At this point I'm serously looking at the L45 or M59. I've read just about every post I could find about these machines on these forums and I've seen both tractors in person side by side. The machine will be used primarily at my 13 acre New Jersey home farm. Uses include moving and stacking lots of larger rocks and trees, digging stumps, drainage trenches, ponds, small building foundations, tons of fence post digging, maintaining our 2500ft. dirt drive and brush hogging. I will be occationally transporting it...but not much.

I was hoping some other TLB owners could help me narrow down the decision.

Price...I was leaning towards the L45, but it seems to me that local dealers are more agressive on the M59 pricing (as is Kubota's financing). One dealer quoted the M59 with 3 point hitch, rear thumb and aux front and rear hydraulics for $49,600 and a like equiped L45 for $47,400. Current offer from Kubota finance for the M59 is 0% 0 down for 60 months...60 months 0 down for the L45 is 3.99% The total price on the L45 would need to be about 5k less to get the same payment as for the M59....so that got me thinking the M59 ain't looking too bad! Are these fair prices for the M59...and if yes, is anyone moving L45s for the low 40s?

Resale...It seems that it would be easier to get rid of the 45 than a 59...I read alot of people consider the 59 "too big" for a compact unit and if your gonna haul around the 59 between jobsites you might as well haul around an full size Case or the like. I have also read that the 45 would be in higher demand in the used compact market due to the ability to move it around with a 10K trailer and no CDLs. Is this correct?

Size...is the 45 that much less a machine than the 59? Have any 59 owners wished they got the 45? Or vice versa? Is the 45 that much more nimble in tight spaces (overall width looks similar).

Power...the 59s stats show it have significantly more grunt than the 45..
M59 digging force bucket cylinder...7602 dipperstick cylinder 4731..vs.
L45 digging force bucket cylinder...5825 dipperstick cylinder 3779

and about 1000 lbs. more loader lift capacity at the pivot pin.

Hydraulics...I really want to run a backhoe mount auger attachment..like a mcmillen X975...can the aux rear hydro on the L45 and M59 units drive an X975 (6-15 GPM rating)?

Thanks guys,

-Mark

I have a m59 and it is a very capable machine. Because of some recent changes in my life, mine may be available along with a trailer/heavy duty grapple/Bradcopallett forks. You can e-mail me if interested

Thanks,
Shane

/ TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions #17  
The OP mentioned stump removal so I can offer some perspective.

My L48 has a tough time breaking big roots on fresh eucalyptus stumps and, even when finally successful, it will drag itself across the ground when trying to tip the stump. My only recourse was to fill the hole with water overnight to soften the clay hardpan. It ended up taking 7 hours to take out that one three-foot diameter live stump. Other stumps have been dealt with similarly.

If I had it to do over the M59 would be my choice. Very few people will say that they want a smaller tractor with less power. At the prices you were quoted there is a lot more tractor in the M59 for not much difference in price.

/ TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions #18  
With everything the OP mentioned being almost identical to my needs, I can say that you will never regret getting the M59. I researched everything I could find in comparable sizes and the only other machine I found that I would consider was the JCB Midi CX, but there are no dealers in my area and support is important to me. I must say I am already highly impressed with both the dealer I purchased from as well as my local dealer as they have both provided me quick and excellent service. Plus, my tires and wheels all say "Made in U.S.A." so I know a lot of the green I gave for orange will stay stateside.

I have 10.5 acres and the same needs +/- a few and I love my M59. I've got just over 100 hrs on mine and it is the best "one machine does it all" equipment I have ever used. It has tons of power for it's size, goes where ever I want it to and does whatever I ask it to as long as I remember I am working on a 10,000 lb machine. FEL strength surprises you. Stumps come out real nice, even deep taproots if I use the thumb to rock em a bit. The BH strength and reach is awesome to. Oh, and stability with the rear tires loaded is very impressive too. With my hyd backblade and the front forks, I haven't yet run out of things to do to need any other attachments yet. I'll be looking for an auger for next summer though.

The only two things I could ever miss on it is a cab and extend-a-hoe and the cab can be had for $$$$. So really, in my opinion it is the perfect machine for what the stated needs are. I am so happy with mine, I am even thinking of color matching the flatbed on the rig I use to haul it when I have it line-x'd.

AZTimT,

I'm gonna look for an auger soon too. I was think about the LandPride HD 25 or HD 35. Both are around $1200 I think. I'm told I will need to rig up a method to attach it to the backhoe.

Does anyone know if you can buy the quick attach mounting brackets without a bucket? If that's possible, I could get those and have a mounting bracket fabricated to make it quick attach.

Extend-a-hoe would make the M59 PERFECT! So would a backhoe mounted grapple for picking up logs from any angle...the thumb is great but you need to be in position.

-Mark

/ TLB shopping...L45 / M59 Price Check and Questions #20  
yes, just got the backhoe QA parts from messicks. Getting the mcmillen bracket so I can mount the hydro auger on the backhoe - should have it done pretty soon and will try to remember to post pics.