Kubota Skid-Steer

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I went to the dealer today to get a hydraulic filter for my service, they were slow and we started BSing about tractors and things related.

We got to talking about the bobcat's new tractors. He said that the heard that bobcat went to kubota about wanting to enter the tractor market. Kubota said that they would NOT outsource their tractors to anyone and bobcat got a little upset and threatened to stop using kubota motors in their skid-steers. Kubotas response was "fine, if you want to start making tractors, then we'll start making skid-steers." And now tey are offering two models a 75hp and a 90hp. The dealer also said that a team of designers traveled around and took the best features of most of the big name SS's and incorporated them into their unit.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard this or if there is any truth to it at all????

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #2  
I dont know the facts, but it kind of makes sense> If i was going to get in the skidsteer game (i wouldnt, i think theres already too many players there) id take the best from my competitors too,

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #3  
I went to the dealer today to get a hydraulic filter for my service, they were slow and we started BSing about tractors and things related.

We got to talking about the bobcat's new tractors. He said that the heard that bobcat went to kubota about wanting to enter the tractor market. Kubota said that they would NOT outsource their tractors to anyone and bobcat got a little upset and threatened to stop using kubota motors in their skid-steers. Kubotas response was "fine, if you want to start making tractors, then we'll start making skid-steers." And now tey are offering two models a 75hp and a 90hp. The dealer also said that a team of designers traveled around and took the best features of most of the big name SS's and incorporated them into their unit.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard this or if there is any truth to it at all????

The story sounds fishy but Kubota is building compact track loaders.

Attachments

• kubota @@4.jpg
    kubota @@4.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,112
  • Kubota SS.jpg
    Kubota SS.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 4,944
  • Kubota SS2.jpg
    Kubota SS2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 3,007
  • kunota SS3.jpg
    kunota SS3.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 2,373
   / Kubota Skid-Steer #4  
skidsteers are becoming a big added benifit especially with new techno. Wonder if they replace the tractor in time?

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #5  
I heard a very similar story. When told to me it was said that Kubota and Bobcat had an informal agreement that Bobcat would not get into the tractor market if Kubota stayed out of the SS market. When Bobcat announced it was going to sell Kiota under the Bobcat name Kubota started developing SS.

MarkV

/ Kubota Skid-Steer
Good to hear that someone else has heard similar.

I doubt the SS will ever replace the tractor. Skidsteers dont do very well working ground, planting, etc. They are not made to pull, but rather lift. They difinatally have their place in construction but you don't see too many on farms around where I live because the only two things they really use a loader for in unloading pallets of seed/fertalizer, and moving round bales. Instead of a SS that can only do that, most opt to buy a tractor w/ loader so they can also work ground with it.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #7  
Good to hear that someone else has heard similar.

I doubt the SS will ever replace the tractor. Skidsteers dont do very well working ground, planting, etc. They are not made to pull, but rather lift. They difinatally have their place in construction but you don't see too many on farms around where I live because the only two things they really use a loader for in unloading pallets of seed/fertalizer, and moving round bales. Instead of a SS that can only do that, most opt to buy a tractor w/ loader so they can also work ground with it.

Almost every farm around here has at least one skidloader if not 2, I know one guy with 6.

You are right the SS will not replace the tractor.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #8  
Every farm needs over price new truck, ss , a loader tractor and old goat. LOL
Can't wait to play with the new kubota if it comes out. Hope it is as well built as there other construction lines.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #9  
When told to me it was said that Kubota and Bobcat had an informal agreement that Bobcat would not get into the tractor market if Kubota stayed out of the SS market. When Bobcat announced it was going to sell Kiota under the Bobcat name Kubota started developing SS.

MarkV

This is much more along the lines of we've always heard chatter about.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #10  
There has been talk about the Kubota SS for a couple years now...... even here on this forum. Those pictures of the tracked unit are the first I've seen (though I haven't looked very hard). One thing I'm sure of...... when a Kubota SS hits the market, it'll be done right.