Wats the difference between the B and L?

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #1  

Chris W.

Thank you for all of the great information on my first post. I learn something new every time I log into this site.

My next question has to do with the primary differences between the B and L series.

According to the Kubota site the B2630 is 26HPwith an MSRP of $16,481. The L3400 is 35 HP with an MSRP of $16,908. Both have auto trans, 4x4, width, height, and length are close to being the same. It seems to me that the L has a ton more power for almost the same price as the B. What are the other differences?

Thank you

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #2  
The L series is the next size up from the B. The L is quite a bit bigger in size. Larger tires and wheels equal more ground clearance,better traction due to more weight. If you don't need to worry about tight spaces where you are working the L would be a good choice. I have been very pleased with mine.

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #3  
I don't know how much bigger the L2800/3400's are than the B series but the Grand L's are much bigger. The weight of the machine and power of hydraulics is considerable in comparison.

Love my L3240!

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #4  
I can't hold it back -
The difference is that a B is an L mating with a 3 (visualize it).

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #6  
Basically, the L series are larger tractors than the B series. Being larger means they are heavier, have larger implements and can lift, push and pull more.
The M series are larger than the L FYI .....

Now to get alittle deeper, both the B and L series have "basic" and "premium" level tractors.
The premium's are bigger and have more creature comforts than the basic's but the premiums don't cross model lines, although they can get pretty close.

In your example you've compared a premium B to a basic L. even though the B2630 is a premium offering it is still lighter and has less implement compacities than the L3400.

Heavy weight is a plus when using ground engagement implements where as lighter weight is a plus when finish mowing. Depending upon your primary needs, Kubota has a pretty diverse product line to properly address it.

What's your primary purpose for a tractor?

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #7  
Thank you for all of the great information on my first post. I learn something new every time I log into this site.

My next question has to do with the primary differences between the B and L series.

What are the other differences?

Thank you

The B-series will take implements on all ends as well as in the middle! The B will take mid mount implements as well as front and rear.
Only the grand L will take a mid mower or front blower or broom.
The standard L's will only take rear mount on the three point and the loader.

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #8  
I have owned 2, b-series, the last I sold my brother.
Not too long ago I bought a L3400, it seemed about the same size,...wrong again.
Last week I drove the b7800 I sold my brother and it was like driving a go cart in comparison to the L3400, it didnt seem much differant until I got back on my old machine.
The L-series is a much bigger machine.

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #9  
The B-series will take implements on all ends as well as in the middle! The B will take mid mount implements as well as front and rear.
Only the grand L will take a mid mower or front blower or broom.
The standard L's will only take rear mount on the three point and the loader.

The standard L could take a front blower or broom, but it would need to be hydraulically driven. Then its a question of does the L have enough hydraulic flow (GPM), or do you need to add a PTO pump (and tank).

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #10  
Usually the ability to get it through a 7 foot garage door. Steve