BX1800 on the way

/ BX1800 on the way #1  

hfd376

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX1800
Thanks to all who replied to my questions here on TBN. The information here allowed me to take a realistic look at my needs now and guess about in the future. I was looking to purchase the BX2200 with FEL, 60" MMM, which would have put me out of my financial comfort range. I know, in the long run its not a lot, but it does add up.

As it is, the BX1800 w/54" MMM fits all of my needs nicely, with a little extra to get a blade of some sort for the back, and still have extra pocket money thru the month for breakfast at cracker barrel once in a while with the wife and little girl.
(yeah, its still special for us to go out and eat)

Maybe enough to get a digital camera for updates!

Anyhow, I'm hoping it will be in before next weekend so I can take it down to the Dinwiddie Co. proving grounds, ( the inlaws) But I don't think it will, what with losing a days shipping on the 4th.
Thanks again,
Doug

/ BX1800 on the way #2  
I take my 8-year-old daughter out to breakfast two or three Saturdays each month. I'd sell all of my equipment and tools to keep that tradition going.

Enjoy your new BX and your time with family.

/ BX1800 on the way #3  
Congratulations!! I am sure you will enjoy your 'Bota. I just got a few hours on mine - what a blast!! Made preparing an area for a storage shed and bringing in gravel an easy job!

Be sure to post some pictures when it arrives - we all want to share in the joy!

/ BX1800 on the way #4  
I'm sure you will be very happy with your BX1800, I have one that has 150 hours on it now and have found nothing that I can't do with it vs the 2200. I have the 60" mower and a 50" 2 stage 3pt snow blower and have yet had the engine bog or puff any black smoke due to heavy loading. I've taken my mower through 12" high field grass with very little problem, I've blown 24" of semi wet snow using turf tire no wheel weights and my tires are not loaded, traction and power were not an issue.

/ BX1800 on the way #5  
I am thinking about getting a rear snowblower for my new B7500. Sounds like it works great for you. Do you get neck strain going backward? I have about 300' of driveway to clear.

Thanks.

/ BX1800 on the way #6  
300' of driveway might be a pain in the neck. The big advantage the little BX has is you can sit side saddle on it, I sit with my right leg hanging off the right side and run the HST with my left foot. I clear my small little 50' drive way and my parents 200' footer along with a couple neighbors from time to time with no problems. I do miss having the blower in the front but couldn't talk myself into spending an extra $1700 do have one.

/ BX1800 on the way #7  
Doug
Cograts, you'll love it and be amazed.

P.S.
Dads and daughters are one of the greatest things, I have TWO! 3 and 5 year old.

/ BX1800 on the way
Thanks for all the replies. It should be tearin' up the yard and makin funny diesel smells early next week. Gotta get me one or two of those fancy YELLOW gas, uh, fuel cans!

Doug