Need HELP in selection

/ Need HELP in selection #1  

DBF

Ok, now I've signed up with Tractorbynet after a month of reading all the informative posts.
I am currently having a house built in DeLand, FL. on 5 acres.
The lot is beautiful!! The terrain is flat and dry even after it rains. Actually, I guess it could be considered a little sandy.
I want/need a tractor..eyeing the Kubota B2710 or B2910. Both HSD. I know I want a MMM because the lot is mainly cleared with grass. I do have to maintain the driveway which is dirt so I do want a box blade. I opted or am leaning towards the Turf tires because of the terrain/sand/grass. I guess I need help in deciding on which tractor between the 2. Also, if anyone could tell me what I could expect to pay?? Know the best dealers in FL?? Do I need a FEL or can I get one later?? etc. Thanks, as I need help!

/ Need HELP in selection #2  
I can't help much on the model selection as I just got a 3010 so I didn't look at those 2. Of course IMO Orange rules, so just pick one and get it delivered.

If you are mostly grass I would think that you will have little use for the FEL and the turf tires will do you just fine. Tell us more about the road situation and what your responsibilities are for it. That might dictate another answer from those with more experience than I.

Good Luck;

GS

/ Need HELP in selection #3  
Just a helpful hint. Repost the question as "FiFi LaFlame Needs Help Choosing a Tractor" and you'll get too many replies to read in one sitting /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.........chim

/ Need HELP in selection #4  
DBF

I just checked prices from two dealers here last week on these two models:

Dealer A -
B2710 - $15,500 + FEL ($3,398) = $18,898
B2910 - $16,580 + FEL ($3,398) = $19,978

Dealer B -
B2710 - $16,700 w/ FEL - $700 rebate = $16,000
B2910 - $17,700 w/ FEL - $700 rebate = $17,000
Backhoe = $6,100 extra

I think Dealer A forgot about the rebate ...
Hope this gives you a ball-park figure of about what to expect.
There is another post somewhere of price estimates that is really good; might do a search for pricing.

/ Need HELP in selection #5  
DBF
I own a 2910. I think the added features were worth an extra $1000.
With 5 acres of mostly flat land you will find many uses for a FEL when you change landscape. Checkout this <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=82464&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post82464>LINK</A>. It has a lot of suggestions for using a FEL.
My tractor is equipped with Turf tires. They have worked very well for me. I have seen many comments about tires being punctured by thorns and other debris. If you have these kinds of objects in your area you may want to consider R4’s.
Both tractors are a good choice.

/ Need HELP in selection #6  
get the 2710, with 5 acres and your conditions i personally don't think u NEED THE 2910 but on the other hand if it is what u want and it won't be too big then get the 2910. have u tried them both out?