Well, I'm ready to buy, but...

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #1  

AHNC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2660 & BX-23
Well, the 2660 arrived at the dealers but the 54" mmm is not available. The 60is offered at the 54 price. Here it gets dicey. I have a shed capable of housing the tractor and 54 quite nicely but the 60 will not fit and it is not what I want anyway. Kubota says 5-6 weeks. The dealer is searching. The garage/shop won't be built for at least a year and the tractor isn't going to sit outside.

This is just a further sign of the times. I know in my business, my customers have dramatically trimmed inventory. Looks like Kubota has too!

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #2  
is it possible the dealer could put the tractor inside there show room until it is able to be inside?

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #3  
You could get the 60" and some mower axles to store it upright. You're gonna want those axles anyway. I like the wider decks as it makes it easier to cut around things and along fence lines without getting too close. You could take delivery of the tractor and wait on the 54" mower to arrive. Implement manufacturers are surely making blades and blowers right now which is probably affecting availability of your preferred deck. Would it be possible to remove or prop up the grass chute to give you enough clearance inside the shed? Good luck whatever you decide.

Last edited:
   / Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #4  
I would ask the dealer if they had a used 3pt hitch finish mower you could use until the deck you want becomes available. Most dealers have a few of them laying around.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but...
You could get the 60" and some mower axles to store it upright. You're gonna want those axles anyway. I like the wider decks as it makes it easier to cut around things and along fence lines without getting too close. You could take delivery of the tractor and wait on the 54" mower to arrive. Implement manufacturers are surely making blades and blowers right now which is probably affecting availability of your preferred deck. Would it be possible to remove or prop up the grass chute to give you enough clearance inside the shed? Good luck whatever you decide.

What exactly is a "mower axle"? I'm green, green, green! Well, except in my choice of tractors. I know I do not want to be removing the deck regularly. Since the original post I've thought perhaps I'll suggest that if they give me a hot price on a small trailing mower I'll take it and wait on the 54;) Now that could work! Otherwise, I'll give them a few days to see what they can find.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #7  
I went from a 54" to a 60" with a little trepidation, but now am on my second 60" deck ; also have a 62" and they work so much better than the 54" for me.

I would do whatever necessary to go with a 60" as you will have to live with it for a lot of years.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #8  
What exactly is a "mower axle"? I'm green, green, green! Well, except in my choice of tractors. I know I do not want to be removing the deck regularly. Since the original post I've thought perhaps I'll suggest that if they give me a hot price on a small trailing mower I'll take it and wait on the 54;) Now that could work! Otherwise, I'll give them a few days to see what they can find.
I'm not green and have purchased several Kubotas in the last 6 years. I also had no idea what a mower deck axle is. After looking at the site I will have to say that I have never had a single time where I would have used a mower deck axle if I had one and do not ever see in my future a need for one. At least not for my mower deck, maybe for holding a car top or something else. That's just one mans opinion from my experience. I also had never heard of a Ratchet Rake a year ago but now have one and think it's one of my finest and most used implements. I'm open to new ideas and when someone finds one post it for all of us to see. Sure some will try to make you look stupid for posting something they don't have and can't see a use for but most of us will appreciate the heads up of something new or different. May find that individual that is needing the very exact thing described.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #9  
Well, the 2660 arrived at the dealers but the 54" mmm is not available. The 60is offered at the 54 price. Here it gets dicey. I have a shed capable of housing the tractor and 54 quite nicely but the 60 will not fit and it is not what I want anyway. Kubota says 5-6 weeks. The dealer is searching. The garage/shop won't be built for at least a year and the tractor isn't going to sit outside.

This is just a further sign of the times. I know in my business, my customers have dramatically trimmed inventory. Looks like Kubota has too!

What are you using to mow now? Can't you get the tractor and have them deliver/install the 54" deck when it comes in?

You can't have too much more mowing to do this year being its Noivember and you are in Mass, right?

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #10  
You did not say, but are you planning on plowing or blowing snow with that BX? If so, I would have it delivered today!!! if it were mine. I would want to drive it around the driveway and get a feel for it. True enough, mowing season has come to an end anyhow. Hauling, pulling and plowing season has come.:D:D