Carver web site down?

/ Carver web site down? #2  
Hi Norm,
The Carver Tractor Company closed it's doors November 7, 2009. Steve Carver had Craig Sanford running(?)/buying(?)/owning(?) the business for a short time. Steve has the property/building up for sale/lease. Just another sign of the not so good times.

Raymond Jordan
BX 25

/ Carver web site down? #4  
Hi Norm,
The Carver Tractor Company closed it's doors November 7, 2009. Steve Carver had Craig Sanford running(?)/buying(?)/owning(?) the business for a short time. Steve has the property/building up for sale/lease. Just another sign of the not so good times.

Raymond Jordan
BX 25

:eek:

/ Carver web site down? #5  
I am shocked... I was at Carver's around the first of November shopping for an RTV... They put me onto one of their customers who had a used RTV that the customer wanted to sell. Long story short, I bought a 2008 RTV900 with top, 64 hours, in like new condition with 6 months warranty left on it for about $6500 less than what a new one would cost. At the time, I thought that was really decent of Carver's... giving me information about a good used unit that they would not profit one cent from. I had a long talk with the manager, and asked him how they were weathering the economy... he admitted it was really bad, but didn't even hint that they were shutting down. I promised him my future Kubota business.

This is the second Kubota dealer in our area to go out of business... The Tractor Place in Knightdale (where I bought my L3400 5 years ago), just closed recently also. Kind of makes you wonder if Kubota is giving their dealers the help they need to make it through these times...

/ Carver web site down? #6  
that's sad to see another business shut down like that. It seems like the only local surviving ones are the ones with a internet bunsiness as well. Having a link showing what they have and where they are is not good enough anymore. They have to have parts you can look up and buy with online shopping.

/ Carver web site down? #7  
That is sad to hear. Years ago Steve Carver participated on TBN and always had valuable information to share. I haven't seen him here for a number of years and was wondering if he was OK.

MarkV

/ Carver web site down? #8  
An awful shame. As a business owner, I can say that this economy is about the worst-case-scenario.

The choice you have to face is:
A) Shut my doors now and call it even-steven, keeping the shirt on my back?
B) Limp through for 6 more months, accrue another $500,000 in debt, THEN shut my doors WITHOUT the shirt on my back?

Fortunately, we're lean enough and don't have to stock shelves (we're land development engineers/consultants), so we don't have the crush of inventory over our heads. It has been very tough, but I think we see a glimmer of light...unless that's just the train coming to finish us off...

Certainly hope the best for them. Don't know Carver from anyone else, but I HATE hearing about another fallen comrade.

/ Carver web site down? #9  
Not saying anything about Carver, but what we've been seeing is dealerships failing who where marginal even in good times.

/ Carver web site down? #10  
Not that I am complaining, but they were selling some stuff way cheaper there, than up here, I dont know if it is regional, or was just them selling cheap.
I wanted a L3400, HST, and a loader and around here a 2008 "bought this year" was around $19,000.00 - $20.000.00 with low hours.
They sold me the same machine with 20 hours, delivered to massachusetts for $15,500.00