Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Default Carver web site down?

I just went to their site and it states it no longer exists??

404 Page Error

Is Carver gone or just the web site?
    Kubota L3240HST, LA724 FEL, 72" bucket with Piranha tooth bar, snow plow, Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, EA Grapple, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, Kubota L ballast box, Harley Power Rake
    ---------------------------
    Ferris Evolution 52" ZTR
    --------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota BX 25 & DZ 323

Default Re: Carver web site down?

Hi Norm,
    The Carver Tractor Company closed it's doors November 7, 2009. Steve Carver had Craig Sanford running(?)/buying(?)/owning(?) the business for a short time. Steve has the property/building up for sale/lease. Just another sign of the not so good times.

Raymond Jordan
    BX 25

Tractor
    2008 bx 24

WOW what a loss!!!
    " diesel smoke and mirrors"

Tractor
    2003 JD 4110 w/ Curtis Cab

Quote Originally Posted by RTJ49 View Post
    Hi Norm,
    The Carver Tractor Company closed it's doors November 7, 2009. Steve Carver had Craig Sanford running(?)/buying(?)/owning(?) the business for a short time. Steve has the property/building up for sale/lease. Just another sign of the not so good times.

Raymond Jordan
    BX 25

Tractor
    kubota L3400HST

I am shocked... I was at Carver's around the first of November shopping for an RTV... They put me onto one of their customers who had a used RTV that the customer wanted to sell. Long story short, I bought a 2008 RTV900 with top, 64 hours, in like new condition with 6 months warranty left on it for about $6500 less than what a new one would cost. At the time, I thought that was really decent of Carver's... giving me information about a good used unit that they would not profit one cent from. I had a long talk with the manager, and asked him how they were weathering the economy... he admitted it was really bad, but didn't even hint that they were shutting down. I promised him my future kubota business.

This is the second Kubota dealer in our area to go out of business... The Tractor Place in Knightdale (where I bought my L3400 5 years ago), just closed recently also. Kind of makes you wonder if Kubota is giving their dealers the help they need to make it through these times...
    L3400HST, L463 FEL, Markham toothbar, Markham Grapple, Woods BH80-X, 5 1/2' United box blade,6' Leinbach scrape blade, Pallet forks, 5' King Kutter RM, 56" First choice tiller, Leinbach rake

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

that's sad to see another business shut down like that. It seems like the only local surviving ones are the ones with a internet bunsiness as well. Having a link showing what they have and where they are is not good enough anymore. They have to have parts you can look up and buy with online shopping.

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

That is sad to hear. Years ago Steve Carver participated on TBN and always had valuable information to share. I haven't seen him here for a number of years and was wondering if he was OK.

MarkV

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

An awful shame. As a business owner, I can say that this economy is about the worst-case-scenario.

The choice you have to face is:
    A) Shut my doors now and call it even-steven, keeping the shirt on my back?
    B) Limp through for 6 more months, accrue another $500,000 in debt, THEN shut my doors WITHOUT the shirt on my back?

Fortunately, we're lean enough and don't have to stock shelves (we're land development engineers/consultants), so we don't have the crush of inventory over our heads. It has been very tough, but I think we see a glimmer of light...unless that's just the train coming to finish us off...

Certainly hope the best for them. Don't know Carver from anyone else, but I HATE hearing about another fallen comrade.
    Kubota BX2230, FEL, Woods BH, 60" MMM, Bagger, 4' Box Blade, PHD, 8' x 20' 10k# Dovetail Trailer

Those of you who think you know it all are particularly annoying to those of us who do.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Not saying anything about Carver, but what we've been seeing is dealerships failing who where marginal even in good times.

Tractor
    kubota L3400

Not that I am complaining, but they were selling some stuff way cheaper there, than up here, I dont know if it is regional, or was just them selling cheap.
    I wanted a L3400, HST, and a loader and around here a 2008 "bought this year" was around $19,000.00 - $20.000.00 with low hours.
    They sold me the same machine with 20 hours, delivered to massachusetts for $15,500.00
    If you're not from here, you'll need this.

The wicked good guide to boston english
    http://www.universalhub.com/glossary/a-b

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast