Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good??

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #1  

byrd

I posted this in the general forums earlier today, but I think that this is probably a far more appropriate place for the question since it's specific to the Kubotas.

I'm looking at purchasing my first tractor. I was originally narrowed down to the New Holland TC1520 and Kubota L3400. However, I recently came across a what seems like a good deal on a new Kubota L4400. After some discussion in the general forums, I think the L440 may be a good fit for my needs. Here are the packages:

Base Package:
L4400
LA703 loader
Skid-Steer Quick Coupler
Ag tires
6ft Turfline box blade
5ft Woods Cutter
18' by 60"W Tandem Axle Trailer
all new for just under $25K

Option 1 - $500:
Swap the Ag tires for R4 Industrials

Option 2 - $550:
Replace Cutter AND Trailer with
6ft Woods Cutter
18' by 83"W Tandem Axle Trailer w/ electric brakes

If I take both options, that puts me right around $26K. In addition, it's all 0% interest for 5yrs through the end of this week. My problem here is that, this being my first time purchasing a tractor, I really have no idea what's a good deal and what's not. ...Sure would be nice to have a blue book value for tractors!

Originally, I hadn't even considered buying a new tractor, but it seems that a lot of the good condition, low hour tractors in the size range that I'm looking are in the $17K range (and I'd still have more implements to purchase). With 0% financing for 5yrs, and of course the warranty that comes with a new purchase it's tough to pass up... IF it's a good price to start with.

Hopefully there are some more experienced tractor owners that will have a better idea if these numbers are that good or not.

Thanks!!!

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #2  
Welcome to TBN. What area are you from? Because prices seem to be higher in some parts of the country. Does the tractor have any other options? That is not a bad price but do get comparatives a good way to get the best price at the given time is to go to Barlow Tractor a do a "Build your package and name your price" is good way to find out what the lowest deal you can get at this time. Here is the link.
instructions
Barlows are good people. There are others on here that are reputable as well.
I can speak from experience because I have bought several pieces of equipment from them and they have treated me well, and had the best price I could find. They deliver all over literallly.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good??
Thanks for the info! I'm in south eastern VA. That price is in Arkansas. We looked there because it's within 2 hours or so of my wife's family and would be good reason to make the journey. We're heading to the local Kubota dealer in the morning, but in my small amount of experience they tend to be somewhat expensive... we'll see how it goes.

I'll definitely check out the Barlow package builder! How long does it usually take for them to get back to you once you submit a price? If they reject a price do I have to go through the submission process again, or can I keep uping my offer little by little until it is accepted?

I'm trying not to rush my way through the process, but Kubota's 0% ends at the end of the month and the Turkey day holiday won't help with the time remaining.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #4  
You do need to shop around, however that is not a bad price.
I have a L4400 with the LA703 loader, it is a very capable machine.

You don't mention your needs or plans.

You may want to do that to get more feedback from the guys.

FYI: You may want to consider rear remotes, they can be pricey, after the fact...

Good luck, tell us how it goes...

Mike

I'll primarily be using the tractor on a small horse farm (~7 acres)... mowing pastures, clearing brush, moving round bales, moving manure/dirt/gravel/saw dust, grading the driveway, seeding/fertilizing, grading the riding ring, moving logs, and any other odd jobs that might pop up.

To be honest, I think the L4400 is a little over sized for what I need right now. However the stability for round bales and loader are certainly a good thing. We'd also like to purchase more land in the next few years, so I think the larger tractor will ultimately work out in our favor.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #6  
Thanks for the info! I'm in south eastern VA. That price is in Arkansas. We looked there because it's within 2 hours or so of my wife's family and would be good reason to make the journey. We're heading to the local Kubota dealer in the morning, but in my small amount of experience they tend to be somewhat expensive... we'll see how it goes.

I'll definitely check out the Barlow package builder! How long does it usually take for them to get back to you once you submit a price? If they reject a price do I have to go through the submission process again, or can I keep uping my offer little by little until it is accepted?

I'm trying not to rush my way through the process, but Kubota's 0% ends at the end of the month and the Turkey day holiday won't help with the time remaining.

Move along real quick and by the way that is where I bought my L4400Hst and FEL. I don't live near Barlows they are in KY near Lexington but deliver all over the US. I have never seen their their lot but have bought 2 tractors from them (1 new, 1 used) and have bought used equipment from them and they make you feel like a customer and you can deal with them.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #7  
I'll primarily be using the tractor on a small horse farm (~7 acres)... mowing pastures, clearing brush, moving round bales, moving manure/dirt/gravel/saw dust, grading the driveway, seeding/fertilizing, grading the riding ring, moving logs, and any other odd jobs that might pop up.

To be honest, I think the L4400 is a little over sized for what I need right now. However the stability for round bales and loader are certainly a good thing. We'd also like to purchase more land in the next few years, so I think the larger tractor will ultimately work out in our favor.

I noticed in and earlier post you were talking about R1 or R4 and I would go with the R1 the L4400 is a nimble tractor and the R1 tires can be set out wider in the rear than the R4 tires can. It all depends on what you are going to do with it. R1 tires are the better traction tire and the R4 are a little less destructive on the turf. How big are the round bales? I second the rear remotes.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #8  

Byrd,

I think you are sizing it right.

Question, You mentioned R4's for R1's, the R1's will give you much better traction, any specific reason why you would want R4's ?

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #9  
Thanks for the kind words Randall. I hope Marv got the grapple and blade to you today and that all looked good.

On the L4400DT, we do have a couple in stock. Also, there are still some 2008 models out in the field that can save you significant amounts of dough if you don't mind one that has been sitting for awhile. When getting quotes, be sure to find out what year is being quoted. We have 2009s in stock but can locate anything.

How big are the round bales? I second the rear remotes.

The round bales are 5x5s (sometimes slightly larger). The last trailer full that we purchased were around 950lbs each. Some times they're a bit more, some times a bit less.

How much to rear remotes typically add to the price?

I think you are sizing it right. Question, You mentioned R4's for R1's, the R1's will give you much better traction, any specific reason why you would want R4's ?

Most of my time on the tractor is spent in a pasture. For every 1 time I'm in near any soft or muddy areas, I'm probably in a pasture 20 or 30 times. The soil is quite sandy, and the Ag tires can tear things up more then I'd like. The farm is small and I need all the good grass I can get. The horses already cause enough damage as it is. ;) As I mentioned in my other thread, most everyone I know in my local area all use R4s and like 'em. I just have to be careful on the rare occasion that I'm near soft "stuff".