Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default BX price question

I have decided that I want to purchace a BX 2360.I am planning to head to a couple dealers in the next week.
    How much below list price is a good deal? I am thinking about 10 to 15% is that reasonable?
    I realize the dealer has to make a profit also,I just want to make sure I am getting a fair deal.

Thanks
    Steve

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Default Re: BX price question

Here in MA that would be unbelievable your lucky if you get 5%. Best of luck shopping. The BX's are great machines

Silver Member

hondapro,

no search in central pa is complete without talking to neil messick. don't know if the 10-15% off is doable . . . neil is visable, as a forum contributor - family business is based in elizabethtown,pa
    best of luck shopping - hookopotomous regards, shrekbelly

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by keyman1808 View Post
    Here in MA that would be unbelievable your lucky if you get 5%. Best of luck shopping. The BX's are great machines
    That is why you look outside that state..

Tractor
    L3901HST F3080 RTV1140

Call or email Barlows for a price and then compare to prices in your state.
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, Cub Cadet Steering wheel zero turn, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck , 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 60" LP Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, Hydraulic post hole digger, RatchetRake, BB, 50" Tiller, Snow plow,Forks, .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 17 Cadillac XT5. 2014 SLK250

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

For those who prefer to buy local, for local support of and from a local guy, I would think 15% is pushing the window too far, in my limited experience. I priced 4 dealerships, a 160 mile spread, and the prices were very, very comparable.

So, I went with my most local guy. Great people. Good service. That was important to me and may be to you as well. BTW, 10% is a bit more realistic and would considered a very good deal. Look for paperwork fees and other hidden fees too. Those add up. Price the implements separately and as a bundle. This helps understand what's what. I found that very helpful.

Shopping is fun, but owning/operating is better!
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    Call or email Barlows for a price and then compare to prices in your state.
    I agree with John I have 2 tractors both came from Barlows in KY they will ship anywhere.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I prefer to go local too and it has paid of in service and reduced prices on implements. My dealership sold all available 2660's in six days. I got the last crated one; last was the showroom model, so there wasn't much incentive to bargain too much.

Tractor
    L3901HST F3080 RTV1140

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    I prefer to go local too and it has paid of in service and reduced prices on implements. My dealership sold all available 2660's in six days. I got the last crated one; last was the showroom model, so there wasn't much incentive to bargain too much.
    Me to. Local for me is Barlows. The good or the bad is I drive right by their front gate 3 to 5 days a week. They have a subliminal message that has this subtle beckoning sound that they transmit at a frequency that maybe only I hear (maybe not because they sell alot of Kubotas). I've started rolling my cd player up to maximum level when I drive by now but I think they have hacked into my cars computer because I now have to fight the steering wheel as I drive by. I'm not trying to encourage people to not buy local, my encouragement is to find out how much you can buy it for from a dealer known for good service and price then check locally and see how much your local dealer appreciates your business with a fair price. Sorry guys but the days of "that's the price, take it or leave it" are over. Money comes hard for most people and they/we control their/our spending so we shop around now to see who wants to work for a reasonable profit. Those who want an unreasonable profit perish and at their own hands.
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, Cub Cadet Steering wheel zero turn, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck , 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 60" LP Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, Hydraulic post hole digger, RatchetRake, BB, 50" Tiller, Snow plow,Forks, .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 17 Cadillac XT5. 2014 SLK250

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    Me to. Local for me is Barlows. The good or the bad is I drive right by their front gate 3 to 5 days a week. They have a subliminal message that has this subtle beckoning sound that they transmit at a frequency that maybe only I hear (maybe not because they sell alot of Kubotas). I've started rolling my cd player up to maximum level when I drive by now but I think they have hacked into my cars computer because I now have to fight the steering wheel as I drive by. I'm not trying to encourage people to not buy local, my encouragement is to find out how much you can buy it for from a dealer known for good service and price then check locally and see how much your local dealer appreciates your business with a fair price. Sorry guys but the days of "that's the price, take it or leave it" are over. Money comes hard for most people and they/we control their/our spending so we shop around now to see who wants to work for a reasonable profit. Those who want an unreasonable profit perish and at their own hands.
    I think my dealer does the same subliminal message thing. I sent my wife up to get parts a couple of times and it apparently works on women too as now she wants an F3060..

I got a reasonable deal on mine and couldn't have done any better within my area and for a few bucks I wasn't going out of state.

What some people don't realize is that dealers will pay a different amount from one shipment to the next or if he has to get one from another dealer. I got their last loader and the price went up on the next ones, so a package cost can vary.

I got mine cheaper than the people who bought from the next shipment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast