Price Check BX price question

/ BX price question #1  

Hondapro

Bronze Member
I have decided that I want to purchace a BX 2360.I am planning to head to a couple dealers in the next week.
How much below list price is a good deal? I am thinking about 10 to 15% is that reasonable?
I realize the dealer has to make a profit also,I just want to make sure I am getting a fair deal.

Thanks
Steve

/ BX price question #2  
Here in MA that would be unbelievable your lucky if you get 5%. Best of luck shopping. The BX's are great machines

/ BX price question #3  
hondapro,

no search in central pa is complete without talking to neil messick. don't know if the 10-15% off is doable . . . neil is visable, as a forum contributor - family business is based in elizabethtown,pa
best of luck shopping - hookopotomous regards, shrekbelly

/ BX price question #4  
Here in MA that would be unbelievable your lucky if you get 5%. Best of luck shopping. The BX's are great machines

That is why you look outside that state..

/ BX price question #5  
Call or email Barlows for a price and then compare to prices in your state.

/ BX price question #6  
For those who prefer to buy local, for local support of and from a local guy, I would think 15% is pushing the window too far, in my limited experience. I priced 4 dealerships, a 160 mile spread, and the prices were very, very comparable.

So, I went with my most local guy. Great people. Good service. That was important to me and may be to you as well. BTW, 10% is a bit more realistic and would considered a very good deal. Look for paperwork fees and other hidden fees too. Those add up. Price the implements separately and as a bundle. This helps understand what's what. I found that very helpful.

Shopping is fun, but owning/operating is better!

/ BX price question #7  
Call or email Barlows for a price and then compare to prices in your state.

I agree with John I have 2 tractors both came from Barlows in KY they will ship anywhere.

/ BX price question #8  
I prefer to go local too and it has paid of in service and reduced prices on implements. My dealership sold all available 2660's in six days. I got the last crated one; last was the showroom model, so there wasn't much incentive to bargain too much.

/ BX price question #9  
I prefer to go local too and it has paid of in service and reduced prices on implements. My dealership sold all available 2660's in six days. I got the last crated one; last was the showroom model, so there wasn't much incentive to bargain too much.
Me to. Local for me is Barlows.:D The good or the bad is I drive right by their front gate 3 to 5 days a week. They have a subliminal message that has this subtle beckoning sound that they transmit at a frequency that maybe only I hear (maybe not because they sell alot of Kubotas). I've started rolling my cd player up to maximum level when I drive by now but I think they have hacked into my cars computer because I now have to fight the steering wheel as I drive by.:) I'm not trying to encourage people to not buy local, my encouragement is to find out how much you can buy it for from a dealer known for good service and price then check locally and see how much your local dealer appreciates your business with a fair price. Sorry guys but the days of "that's the price, take it or leave it" are over. Money comes hard for most people and they/we control their/our spending so we shop around now to see who wants to work for a reasonable profit. Those who want an unreasonable profit perish and at their own hands.

/ BX price question #10  
Me to. Local for me is Barlows.:D The good or the bad is I drive right by their front gate 3 to 5 days a week. They have a subliminal message that has this subtle beckoning sound that they transmit at a frequency that maybe only I hear (maybe not because they sell alot of Kubotas). I've started rolling my cd player up to maximum level when I drive by now but I think they have hacked into my cars computer because I now have to fight the steering wheel as I drive by.:) I'm not trying to encourage people to not buy local, my encouragement is to find out how much you can buy it for from a dealer known for good service and price then check locally and see how much your local dealer appreciates your business with a fair price. Sorry guys but the days of "that's the price, take it or leave it" are over. Money comes hard for most people and they/we control their/our spending so we shop around now to see who wants to work for a reasonable profit. Those who want an unreasonable profit perish and at their own hands.

I think my dealer does the same subliminal message thing. I sent my wife up to get parts a couple of times and it apparently works on women too as now she wants an F3060..

I got a reasonable deal on mine and couldn't have done any better within my area and for a few bucks I wasn't going out of state.

What some people don't realize is that dealers will pay a different amount from one shipment to the next or if he has to get one from another dealer. I got their last loader and the price went up on the next ones, so a package cost can vary.

I got mine cheaper than the people who bought from the next shipment.