Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Default Rear Snow blower for B2620

Hi, Can some of you give me feedback on pricing for a snow blower (rear) for a B2620. Or recomendations on good models and if any other tractor mods might be necessary to run said eqipment. Thanks
    Kubota 2620, Loaded R4's, FEL, 4' Bush Hog box blade, 5' Bush Hog landscape rake. Toro Timecutter Z 5060 ZTR 50"deck

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

Default Re: Rear Snow blower for B2620

I haven't bought one for mine yet, and I'm not sure what I will end up with. The best price, and quality that I have seen so far in 3pt blowers is the new Frontier from JD. It is the same blower as the Blizzard (RAD out of Canada), and I was quoted $2175 here in NH for a 54". Compared to over $2900 for a Woods that really didn't seem designed as well......... three blade impeller v.s. four blade, etc. I thought it was a pretty good deal. ( BTW, the best price I got on the identical Blizzard was $2470, and one place quoted over $2700 for the same thing.)
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckinNH View Post
    I haven't bought one for mine yet, and I'm not sure what I will end up with. The best price, and quality that I have seen so far in 3pt blowers is the new Frontier from JD. It is the same blower as the Blizzard (RAD out of Canada), and I was quoted $2175 here in NH for a 54". Compared to over $2900 for a Woods that really didn't seem designed as well......... three blade impeller v.s. four blade, etc. I thought it was a pretty good deal. ( BTW, the best price I got on the identical Blizzard was $2470, and one place quoted over $2700 for the same thing.)
    My dealer just got back to me and said they have the 54" Blizzard/Rad rear snowblower in stock for $2,299.00 I am in upstate NY.
    Kubota 2620, Loaded R4's, FEL, 4' Bush Hog box blade, 5' Bush Hog landscape rake. Toro Timecutter Z 5060 ZTR 50"deck

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

That price seems reasonable, and I do think that is one of the best blowers for the price. I like the manual chute rotation much better than some other brands, and I think it is pretty well built. I also like the fact that it sits a bit closer to the tractor than some brands do.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Tractor
    Kubota B2320 HST

I have a B2320 and just bought a brand newKubota rear snowblower model B2789 (51 inches). It's made by RAD in Quebec, Canada. They seem well designed (4 blade impeller vice 3). It has the adjustable skidplate standard with a manual rotating chute using a gear system vice a cable around the chute. I cannot comment on the performance as we have not had any snow yet. kubota Canada had a deal finishing at the end October at 1900$ cdn. It's back at the regular price of 2400$ cdn.

So I think your RAD 54 inch price at 2299$ US is pretty decent.

Gyro

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Thanks Guys, Since I have never owned used on of these can you elaborate on the chute control. On the manual control how do you actually turn the chute etc... Also can this be done w/o leaving the seat?

Tractor
    Kubota B2320 HST

The chute controls

3 options :

1 - Manual (The least expensive) A lever is attached to the chute and you can turn it from the seat.

2 - Electrically driven, a small electric motor attached to the chute and normally powered from your tractor's electrical system. You usually buy an add-on kit.

3 - Hydraulic (Most expensive) You use your tractors hydraulics to rotate the chute. It normally requires the rear hydraulic valve in the back (800 $ option at the dealer),you can also use your FEL Hydraulics but you will use some of the FEL capabilities. You will also pay around 600$ more for the snowblower because of the extra hydraulic cylinder and hoses. A total of about 1400$ (quoted to me about 3 months ago)

I don't have too much to clear, so the manual chute is good for me. I will take a picture this afternoon and post it later.

Gyro

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Quote Originally Posted by gyro433 View Post
    The chute controls

3 options :

1 - Manual (The least expensive) A lever is attached to the chute and you can turn it from the seat.

2 - Electrically driven, a small electric motor attached to the chute and normally powered from your tractor's electrical system. You usually buy an add-on kit.

3 - Hydraulic (Most expensive) You use your tractors hydraulics to rotate the chute. It normally requires the rear hydraulic valve in the back (800 $ option at the dealer),you can also use your FEL Hydraulics but you will use some of the FEL capabilities. You will also pay around 600$ more for the snowblower because of the extra hydraulic cylinder and hoses. A total of about 1400$ (quoted to me about 3 months ago)

I don't have too much to clear, so the manual chute is good for me. I will take a picture this afternoon and post it later.

Gyro
    Excellent, Thanks a lot Gyro! I will look forward to the pic. I am hoping this can be financed. I wrote the dealer a little while ago and am awaiting his response, if not it will have to wait till next year. I too only have about a 200 foot drive to clear so not much also and dont want to spend anymore so I will also go w/ the manual chute as long as I didnt have to leave the seat. I figured what the heck I am already going to give myself a stiff neck by turning my head constantly so whats an arm cramp added to that as well.

Tractor
    Kubota B2320 HST

Charlton, here are some pics of my kubota (made by RAD/Blizzard) B2789 rear snowblower. I hope they turn out ok, I took them in the dark. I tried to take a few pics of the manual chute rotation. I also just installed a rear facing light for the snowblower work. The third picture is the adjustable skid plate which is useful if you have a gravel driveway.

Gyro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -019-jpg   -006-jpg   -013-jpg  
    Last edited by gyro433; 12-13-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Thanks a lot Gyro! Thats a nice looking piece of equipment you have there. Yes I do have a gravel drive (hoping to pave in spring) So I am glad to see the adjustable skids. My dealer got back to me again yesterday and advise there is no financing being offered on this snowblower so not sure If I can drop 2300 bucks right now. With 3 daughters its a tought time of year to do that. I am going to do all I can to get one worst case scenerio it will be next year deffinitly. Please PM me after you have used it good and give me a review. Good Luck and thanks again!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast