Price Check Kubota BX2660 or MF GC2600 / Pricing?

/ Kubota BX2660 or MF GC2600 / Pricing? #1  

steve2zs

I'm happy to have found this site. I'm a newbe to the sub-compact tractor world. Had a Honda H4518 lawn tractor and its time to move up. I've looked at the Massey Ferguson GC 2400 & 2600 and the Kubota BX 2360 & 2660. Both seen to be quality products though I haven稚 seen anywhere near as many Massey's as Kubota痴. For the BX2660 with FEL and 60"MMM dealer #1 quoted $15800 and dealer #2 $15,995 which is close enough (though high by what I'm seeing that others recently paid on another thread). The Massey Ferguson dealer quoted a GC2600 with FEL and 60"MMM for $14,850. Both have 0% financing - $0 Down (though MF is for 6yrs and their insurance seems to be considerably cheaper than Kubota, $450 compared to $1,200). Only drawback I see to the MF is they don't have a mulching kit to add to the cutting deck nor do they have a grass catching boot kit if I wanted to bag with my DR vac. While looking at the Kubota did anyone check out the MF GC 2600? If so how is the pricing compared to what you experienced? I'm leaning towards the BX2660, so is $14,400 +/- (price I saw on another thread) what I should be looking to get it for? Any advice would be appreciated.

/ Kubota BX2660 or MF GC2600 / Pricing? #2  
I paid $14,000 cash for my BX2660 with 60" MMM, FEL, grille guard and wheel weights about eight months ago. I doubt the cash made any difference. I have a Massey Ferguson 375 that has not been reliable and the MF dealer has not been very helpful, so I did nothing more than take a cursory look at them. I realize the SCUT/CUT's are different than the full size tractors, but I had positive experience with Kubota. I also have a John Deere 2305. While I prefer the Kubota, I would advise a prospective buyer to look at all of them to see which fits them and their needs best.

/ Kubota BX2660 or MF GC2600 / Pricing? #3  
I have looked at both, and around here the price structure is the opposite of what you are finding. The Masseys are priced higher, and the implements are priced higher too. I like the mower height adjustment on the Kubota better, but do like the Massey's larger engine, and capacity to do things at a lower RPM. Did you check with DR for a mower boot? I would also guess that the folks at Cyclone Rake might have something. If prices were more equal around here, it would be a hard choice. Resale is best on the Kubota, and JD.

/ Kubota BX2660 or MF GC2600 / Pricing? #4  
Contact Barlows for a price. They were Kubota and MF dealers until recently and they may be able to give some insight between the brands.

/ Kubota BX2660 or MF GC2600 / Pricing? #5  
I have the BX2660, 60 MMM and FEL and paid $14400.00 for mine with a free 50 hour service about a month ago. I took the 0 down and 0% for 60 months. One dealer I was talking to was a Kubota dealer and MF dealer. The MFs were cheaper but he was asking $15000.00 for a BX2360. The reason I chose the Kubota is what I read on here and I know several people that own Kubota and if they can't tear them up I don't think I can.