Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy

/ Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy #11  
Wow, very impresive sw03. Now, if I get close to that cut then I would be very happy. :)

bx24d, I completely agree with you on the Simplicity roller. There were many times when I hated it while cutting slightly wet to wet grass. All the grass rolls collecting on it and then dropping on the lawn.

Anyhow, I have to wait till 1/2010 to get the tractor delivered and at this point I am very excited and already thinking of projects to use it.

Thanks to all for all the feedback and advice.

If you do not mod the deck, not even close!...LOL

Rollers are nice if you set them correctly etc....hint hint

On a nice 45

/ Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy #13  
What moding? Don't leave me hanging. :)

Just saying you need to spend some jingle (<$40) to make the deck look 3X the price...AKA most on this forum area 100% wrong. You can have a nice lawn with simple steps (for this Bx) without 3 PH junk, half XXX junk...etc.One issue with 3 PH rollers is moving in tight areas and paking the unit in small areas..

Also the what I said on "keep the blades sharp" is also key along with roller height; about 1" lower...But what do I know I have few posts! LMAO

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy #14  
sw03...That's what mine comes out looking like too...Not bad eh?

/ Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy
timswi,

Which deck do you have on your kubota?

sw03,

I did some reading and seems that you have the standard 60" deck. However, in one of your posts you did not think much of a 54" fine cut. Any reasons for that?

I am getting the 54" fine cut with the mulching deck, I always mulched and won't do it any other way. I also had a Simplicity Citation ZTR for few seasons and deep decks have a great advantage to getting a quality cut and less clips that are visible. My current Exmark Turf Tracer HP also has the mulch kit 52" with a 17HP Kawi and it is simply incredible when it comes to cutting. Except, I do have to do the walking which got old after one season with it. :)

So, I guess I'll have to wait and see this coming summer and will post pictures of the results.

/ Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy #16  
If you do not mod the deck, not even close!...LOL

Rollers are nice if you set them correctly etc....hint hint

On a nice 45

Since the Simplicity deck rides on the full length roller there is no way to adjust the pressure. The pressure is a function of the weight of the mower. The mower is only supported by the tractor in the front.

As to the Simplicity deck mowing wet / tall grass better, the deck rides at an angle, lower towards the rear so grass gets cut twice.

/ Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy #18  
Here's the thread on the build of a 3PH striper if anyone is interested. I find the "stripes" left by just the mower to be pleasing enough for me. But, if you're into striping, this may be a project for you!

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=43224&highlight=stripes

The 3PH looks pretty like a clap trap waiting to explode! But if they like it great...The JD one on page 7 made me almost spit out my drink....what a <blank>

You would never catch me with this on my bota. Some are making this out more then needed.

/ Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy #19  
sw03,

I did some reading and seems that you have the standard 60" deck. However, in one of your posts you did not think much of a 54" fine cut. Any reasons for that?

I have seen both decks cut and if you have sharp blades you cannot tell the diff. Plus more money for a smaller deck. If you like it great I would and did pass.

I cut my lawn every 4 days and it leaves nothing on the grass. The only thing I dislike is mounting the deck and removal...PITA

/ Kubota BX1860 cut quality vs Simplicity Legacy #20  
You do know the simplicty is onley a garden tractor but bx1860 is a sub compact don't you ?
Hello all, new owner and waiting for delivery of a BX1860 with FEL and RB. It also will have the 54" Fine Cut deck and Mulching kit. I am very excited and can't wait to get it but there is one concern I have.

I always been a Simplicity owner and had 6 different models and my current mowing machine is an Exmark Turf Tracer HP walk behind. I love the cut quality of all of these machines and loved the ability to stripe the lawn. Did any of you have experience or had a chance to compare the cut quality?

Can the BX1860 stripe with alternating direction of mow?

Thanks.