Price Check B3030 w/cab price check

/ B3030 w/cab price check #1  

flyinwrenchz

OK I'm working a deal on a b3030 with cab 63" front mount blower with hydraulic rotator, and front end loader with 60" bucket. the cab has rear wiper and defrost but no radio. So I'm trading a bx2350 with front end loader and 60" mmm. The difference I have to pay is 18,911. the break down is this and I know its a numbers game but this is what he's showing.
b3030 w/cab 23,977
63" blower 4,888
front loader 4,238
total 33,103
minus bx2350 14,192
equals I pay 18,911

So is this a fair deal. I know I'm paying pretty much close to list on tractor and implements but there is also no way he is selling my Bx for 14 either, he could show me more off new and less for my trade, but like I said its all numbers game. Do you think he has anymore room to move or not. So what do you guys think?

/ B3030 w/cab price check #2  
OK I'm working a deal on a b3030 with cab 63" front mount blower with hydraulic rotator, and front end loader with 60" bucket. the cab has rear wiper and defrost but no radio. So I'm trading a bx2350 with front end loader and 60" mmm. The difference I have to pay is 18,911. the break down is this and I know its a numbers game but this is what he's showing.
b3030 w/cab 23,977
63" blower 4,888
front loader 4,238
total 33,103
minus bx2350 14,192
equals I pay 18,911

So is this a fair deal. I know I'm paying pretty much close to list on tractor and implements but there is also no way he is selling my Bx for 14 either, he could show me more off new and less for my trade, but like I said its all numbers game. Do you think he has anymore room to move or not. So what do you guys think?
======================================================================================================================================================
Save your money:

I would be more worried about the cabin on the model he is selling.
It is the EL most likely which is the least expensive model the ES being the middle, and EX being the top of the line cabin.

A lot of folks have had problems with some B3030 cabins from exhaust fumes coming in the cab,noise issues and inadequate defrosting etc.

I would ask Neal Messick which cabin comes standard-it is most likely the EL model,and several members have had a lot of problems with them being poor defrosting, poor air flow in general and tractor exhaust entering the cabin through the floor pedals and behind the console from what I remember reading.

They offer three cabin models from least offering number of amenities being the EL as a standard offering in equipment with the EM being the mid range to the EX with a large number of items which are standard equipment.

Look at the Kubota 8540 orchard tractor as it has the EX cab as standard equipment with pressurised and filtered air flow as standard equipment keeping the exhaust fumes out.

==================================================

I think you will be better off and money ahead

as you would save more money in general as well as saving money on interest ordering an EX cab for your BX2350 and a snow blower with the rotator and chute control in my opinion.

You already have the power, the front end loader and the mower and own it.
and the blower is still available for the BX2350. You would probably need the high output alternator for the air conditioner and the extra work lights.

Dont let them tell you you can not order a new cab either-its really no diferent then starting from the bottom up at the assembly plant as the engines and trasmissions are imported and everything else is built or bought here as i was told.

You could order a cabin from Laurin directly too for that matter but import duties, GST(goods and service tax) and freight from Quebec would be an isssue that have to be paid in full to Laurin prior to delivery.

I would call Laurin as well.

The engine on your BX2350 is a basic engine having been built for many years and used for a lot of applications besides
a tractor-irrigation pumps, generators, Kubota farm machinery sold in Japan, etc.

leon

/ B3030 w/cab price check
Leon,

Thank you for your very informative reply! I understood the issues with the B3030 cab but didn't understand they have different cab models so thank you. An M series is out of the question I do not want a full size tractor nor will I pay for one not now or down the road.

/ B3030 w/cab price check #4  
I must be missing something here. You have a BX and going to a B. That's a step up to the next size tractor. Surely your not trading tractors just to get a cab. I recently (this spring) traded a 30 hour BX2350:) to Barlows for a BX2660 and traded a L3240HST to a B3200 also at Barlows. Contact them and if you can't make a deal at least you can feel more secure with the pricing of your trade.

/ B3030 w/cab price check #5  
I must be missing something too............ since i've never, ever heard of more than one factory cab for the 3030. (are the other two mystery cabs?)

Are we talking US dollars, or Canadian dollars?

Its sounds to me like a fair deal. Your attachments prices look good compared to what i see locally.

FWIW, i have a 3030 cab tractor, and 100% love it. I've not seen (nor smelled) any issues with vibrations, diesel smoke in the cab, de-fogging, etc. From MY experience, i'd say the complaints are more from folks buying a cabbed tractor and expecting it to be like driving their Lexus.I recommend using the search function and do plenty of reading to see if a B3030HSDC(C) might be right for you.

/ B3030 w/cab price check #6  
I also have the B3030HSDC and have had no exhaust issues summer or winter. Side windows can frost only because I get my plowing done before it can fully warm up. Point the front vents to the side and they clear up pretty quickly. Rear has its own defroster.

/ B3030 w/cab price check #7  
Since cabs for the BX were also mentioned, I'm guessing that post was from Europe?

/ B3030 w/cab price check #8  
Leon,

Thank you for your very informative reply! I understood the issues with the B3030 cab but didn't understand they have different cab models so thank you. An M series is out of the question I do not want a full size tractor nor will I pay for one not now or down the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I ment to say in the posting was look at the cabin model

for the 8540 as the example-not meaning you should buy an 8540,

sorry for any confusion,

leon:eek::confused:

/ B3030 w/cab price check
Thanks for all the great replies. The reason I want to go to a b3030 Is because its a bigger tractor than my BX and also because of the cab. While I love my Bx it as proven that it just does not have enough power/ weight for some of the things I'm trying to do/move around. Than there is that nice warm toasty cab calling me when I blowing snow and working during the winter months that is hard for me to look over. I know I can get a cab for a BX but I'm really into factory installed stuff. What started the whole thing was this I wanted to get a front mount blower and original cab for my BX between the two it was going to cost about 5800.00. My wife loves seeing 0% financing so Kubota is also offering it on implements we already pay 200.00 a month on our Bx so now add the payment for a blower at 0% through Kubota and for about $50 more a month I can get the B3030 with all the before mentioned. Here's the best part I still owe on the Bx for about four and a half more years so going back to five on the new is not going to kill me. I'm I crazy but this seems like a no brainer to me?

/ B3030 w/cab price check #10  
Thanks for all the great replies. The reason I want to go to a b3030 Is because its a bigger tractor than my BX and also because of the cab. While I love my Bx it as proven that it just does not have enough power/ weight for some of the things I'm trying to do/move around. Than there is that nice warm toasty cab calling me when I blowing snow and working during the winter months that is hard for me to look over. I know I can get a cab for a BX but I'm really into factory installed stuff. What started the whole thing was this I wanted to get a front mount blower and original cab for my BX between the two it was going to cost about 5800.00. My wife loves seeing 0% financing so Kubota is also offering it on implements we already pay 200.00 a month on our Bx so now add the payment for a blower at 0% through Kubota and for about $50 more a month I can get the B3030 with all the before mentioned. Here's the best part I still owe on the Bx for about four and a half more years so going back to five on the new is not going to kill me. I'm I crazy but this seems like a no brainer to me?

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Potato, potatoe, the Laurin cab comes to Kubota in a box from Quebec and they assemble it on the factory floor.

Dont let your wants overrun your needs! I still have my 19 year old tractor because I cannot afford a new one.

Ask Laurin how difficult it would be to install a cabin on your current BX
the thing is a lot of foam for sound proofing, gasketing to keep out the exhaust and rubber matting on the floor as well as better gasketing goes into the EX models and its well worth it

Did you search for the postings with the B3030 cabin problems you should look for them.

I would see what it would cost you for the EX cabin with air and the extras only because (you are giving up a cash cow in your BX if you trade it in as you are still upside down) as it will be an easy resale for them.

I would also ask how much the B3030 would cost with the EX cabin only because you have serious leverage with the BX as a trade.

I realize winter is almost here and its your decision BUUUUT-

I would make some phone calls, and see if there is an orange dealer with a unit on the lot with the EX cabin or if they have a recent buyer of a tractor with the BX cabin you could chat with.

A decision tree is warranted here, as well as using a sheet of note book paper
with the plusses on one side and the minuses on the other for your situation.
let the math decide for you as the answer will be plain and simple.
======================================================================================================================================================

The EL and ES models have heaters and can have other options- and quite often are installed at the dealers shop as well.

The water fed heaters(add on) offered by Kubota put out a lot of heat and the owners of these heaters are very happy with them( my fathers neighbor has a BX 2350 with Laurin cabin and a Kubota heater set up and she loves it-especially for blowing snow) as they are big enough to overheat the cabs and keep the window clear too. There are postings about the Kubota add on heaters here as well.

Dont forget the (zero percent is not zero percent in all truth) as any added cost is simply added to the life of the loan.