B1700 vs. BX2200

/ B1700 vs. BX2200 #1  

TheChamp

I have come accross a B1700 with 259 hours on the clock. This machine comes with an Allied Loader model 80, with both a 60" and a 48" bucket. It also has a 3PH sprayer and a Farm King Box Scraper with Tines. There is no mower. The price converted to USD is approx. $10,650.

I have looked the machine and it is in real nice shape, no dings or scratches, etc. It has also had additional lighting added, in both front and rear directions, and even a strobe light on top of the rops when the key is on.

Now, the questions:

1. Is this too much to pay for this tractor? We have 2 acres with a slope down to the river. Is this tractor suitable for the slopes with the horsepower that it has?

2. A FEL will be great, but my primary needs are for mowing. How does this tractor do in the mowing area. Am I better off sticking with something like the BX2200 with MMM?

Thanks for everyone's input.

TheChamp.

/ B1700 vs. BX2200 #2  
I have a B1700 with less than 300 hrs and the MMM.
1. The price sounds great. I occasionally mow a 22 degree slope (uphill of course) and powerwise it's no problem. Plowing snow up slope has been challenging though, so usually I have to drive up to the top and plow down. My place is at an altitude of 4500 feet so your mileage may vary.
2. The MMM works great and cuts through long grass like butter. I use mine suspended and ground following depending on the surface I'm cutting. The MMM wheels do leave tracks on the surface temporarily but nothing compared to the tractor tires.
I'm happy with my setup for my situation, but if money was no object I'd upgrade to a B2410 only for the power, size-wise I think the B1700 is perfect for me.