60" rear blade on B2620

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #1  

bxowner

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5055e
I know this is a Kubota pricing thread, but I wonder if people can tell me what they paid for various aftermarket rear blades from Land Pride, Woods, etc.

Are you happy with the blade? Any limitations or design features that bug you - i.e. pin position's awkward, welds break, etc?

Does your model allow for offsetting the blade? Or pivoting to channel a groove?

I would imagine 60" is perfect for the new B-series 2320-2920? Would a 72" overpower the tractor while grading gravel? I'm sure it would handle snow, but I have a road to maintain.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #2  
I bought a Land Pride RBT15 - 60" blade in the summer for $500. There was a local Kubota dealer going out of business so he offered it as what he said was cost. I checked with the dealer I usually use and he said that was a good deal but he only gave me a list price to compare. I could have gotten the 72" one for only $30 more, but I tried it on my tractor and the 3pt hitch did not raise it high enough to get it to the full tilt. Maybe by shortening the top link it would have worked, but still any bump and it would have been dragging. Also concerned about the 72" being more than the tractor could handle. After using it I am satisfied with that length although it does just cover the tracks when it is at the max angle.

I have not used it a lot for ground work, although some. But it has been a lifesaver with the snow clearing as we got 11" starting Christmas eve and ending Saturday. Last year I only had a box blade and it did not work as well.

The Landpride seems well built, It angles with removing one pin and tilts the same. Once I put a little grease on the pins, they go in and out easy. It will offset, but it requires removing I think 4 bolts and sliding it over then putting them back, so can be done, but not something you would do regularly.

I had also looked at Bush Hog brand and would have went with that just because that is what my regular dealer primarily sells, but this was a good enough deal that I got it.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620
Great feedback. Thanks. I was hoping to keep it under $400, but I guess that's not practical, even for aftermarket. The JD 60" medium duty is $700+, which I felt was far too much.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #4  
For rear blades, I would first check locally for used. They are pretty easy to see if they are damaged or not. If available you could probably save about half the cost. But you can't shop the fine points of design or manufacturer etc. But for what you do with a rear blade, I wouldn't be concerned.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #5  
I did use the tilt function to dig a ditch for some downspout drainlines at my daughter's house. It was in pretty hard clay but it still worked pretty well. Since I don't have a BH, it sure beat shovel work. I also wanted the tilt function to help with maintaining the rock drive we have, but I haven't used it for that much. I would say the LandPride, Bush Hog and Woods line are all pretty similar. I haven't really looked at the Woods line that much as the local dealer is more focused on larger equipment and didn't show much interest in my business.

I also noticed your other post on the cruise control & brakes issue. I have not tried that, but may give it a shot out of curiosity. Because of the HST pedal brake configuration, I don't try and steer with the brakes.

I cleaned up a couple of inches of snow yesterday with the blade turned backwards. As long as I do it that way, I don't get spun around or pulled off track. I also back with it quite a bit, but try not to get too carried away and bend up the lower control arms.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #6  
Personally, I'd go with the 72" blade on those "B" models that you listed.

I have a 60" blade which barely covers the tracks when angled, and also I feel I could remove snow faster with a blade that was a foot longer (less passes).

I went with the 60" because I found a good used one for short money, otherwise if I had bought new, I would have gone for the 72".

There ia another thread on here where a member indicates that he bought a 72" Landpride rear blade new for $350, which seems like a great deal.

see here>>>>> http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/159943-woods-60-rear-blade-cost.html

Since he was in Cow Hampsha, so maybe that would be an option for you.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #7  
If you look at the blade he bought, it is an RB instead of RBT. The T adds the tilt function. If you don't need/want that, it is quite a bit less for the RB. I wanted the tilt for trenching and to help pull rock that gets pushed off the edge of the drive back up on top and to the center.

As far as 6' vs 5', I too was on the fence and second guessed myself for a while, but after using it, I am ok with the 5'.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #8  
I've also been wondering the same thing for my 2620, either go with a 5 or a 6 foot. I've got a 6 foot york rake that I basically stole on Ebay that seems a nice fit and goes to the full angle swing. I'm wondering about having something I can swing around and also angle effectively for mainly snow.

I've got the loader and backhoe along with a box blade that works fine for dirt. Wish I did get a 5 foot BB instead of the 4 that my dealer recommended.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #9  
I bought a used KK 72" blade for $300 and used it on my B7510. You might say that is a lot of money for used and it is. But around here used implements like that don't come up for sale very often and even that seemed like a decent deal.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #10  
I found a new never used 2yr old Landpride RB 1572 at a John Deere dealership, he gave it to me for $250 becasue he wanted it gone. I pull it behind a 2920 and it seems to be a pretty good fit, if I grab a big ole bladeful of wet heavy snow it will complain a little but other than that the 6ft blade works pretty well.