BH75 Backhoe attachment

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #1  

soreback

I purchased a B3030 about a month ago and thought about adding a backhoe. My dealer quoted this to me as cost @ $6120.00 with a 24" bucket, mounted and ready to go. Any thought on this price and is this a good unit? Thank you in advance.

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #2  
   / BH75 Backhoe attachment
Yeah, I did search, but was hoping to see if any, more current thoughts on price and quality? Thanks

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #4  
I have a B3030 with the BH installed. I have been happy with the unit. The hoe is a little more powerful than the weight of the tractor would dictate. It is easy to move the machine around while digging. That said if you are patient and have reasonable technique you can do a lot of work with the setup.

I replaced the cylinder on the crowd after bending it while digging stumps. Replaced without question by dealer. I have since used the hoe under the same circumstances many times without issue.

I find the hoe easy to remove and install. I would say in 5 to 10 minutes at an easy pace.

Depending on the soil conditions I would think a bit about the 24 inch bucket. In light soil it would be OK in my opinion. Heavy soil or hard digging might be an issue.

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #5  
I can't say if your price is good or bad but in 2007 I paid $5,950, before tax, for my BH75 with an 18" bucket, so it is consistent anyway with what I paid.

I love my BH, it has worked doggedly for me, I have about 70 hours just on my BH alone with no issues to report. Most of those hours are stump pulling with the occasional rock. About 5 of those hours came from rigging my 800 pound gun safe down into my basement alone.

I offer that I would put a thumb on it ASAP, it really increases the verstaility of the BH, makes fooling around with rocks and tree stumps much easier. I frequently pull small trees out, up to 2" to 2.5", by the stump without even a scoop at the base.

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #6  
Just for reference or price point info.......... I paid $5500. for an installed Woods BH6000 last summer ( included the mounting kit & labor )

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment
Thanks for your comments. I had concerns also with the bucket size not being universal enough. I have some trenching for an electrical line and a 2 foot wide trench would be a lot more work and mess.

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #8  
That's a good price considering you are not purchasing as part of the package. Mine was $6800 almost 2yrs ago. I have the 16" bucket and think it is a good all around size. The hoe is strong and is a breeze to attach once you do it a couple of times. I also like how it the hoe sits close to the tractor.

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #9  
I can't really comment on the price but I also think the 16"-18" bucket is likely a better size
bucket for this size hoe. if you need a wider trench just dig a little wider.I also contemplated a 12" bucket for hydro but decided the 16" I had didn,t really create much more mess and if you need to do anything in the trench you fit. lol on your purchase. Gary

/ BH75 Backhoe attachment #10  
That's a good price. Like MDM, I paid $6800 2 years ago. I've got both a 16" and a 12" bucket. The 16" stays on 95% of the time.