Newbie,first tractor coming Friday!

/ Newbie,first tractor coming Friday! #1  

KDD

Tractor
Kubota B3200
Hi, Guys new to the Kubota forum, as I had previously posted one thread on the JD forum for advice on purchase of JD 2520 vs B2620/2920.

After all the advice I am getting a...............B3200, FEL ,60" bucket w/ 3 welded on hooks,filled R4's,rear work light.
I have 4 open acres that are currently used for hay,cut by my neighbor. and 3 wooded acres. I plan to use the tractor for snow removal of my appx. 100' driveway, clear brush and small trees from fence lines, general landscaping, and then brush hog the fence lines, also have small garden that I will plow not till. Land is mostly flat except for small slope at end of hay field into woods. I am located in central Virginia.
My background with tractors is very limited. The closest experience was summer jobs with heavy equipment as a teenager. I "drove" cat dozers, case loader/backhoe on occasions for highway construction. Worked for my Dad who said "being able to hit the ground with the blade or bucket does not make one an operator".
Therefore any advice, hints and or tips for new "operator" on anything from delivery inspection to break in period to general operating tips will be greatly appreciated. I have and will continued to read the manual and browse this forum for handy info. Such info as operating speed for FEL work etc. Also what not to do. Thanks for any and all help!

/ Newbie,first tractor coming Friday! #2  
Welcome to the Kubota Family and TBN. Great place to learn lots. I am sure others with a 3200 can help with hints on how to use. My L4240 was my first use of a loader and backhoe. It is something that you will learn as you go and play. FEL don't dig very well but are great at moving stuff. Have fun with your new tooloy.

/ Newbie,first tractor coming Friday! #3  
Congrats on the choice of a fine machine. Check out the RatchetRake, from your description of your uses.(Landscaping and brush clearing)

/ Newbie,first tractor coming Friday!
Thanks for the welcome guys, and JT I took your advice and looked into the ratchet rake. Read the posts and have just placed an order for a 68" rake. Looks like it is exactly what I need for the briars and honeysuckle. At what engine speed do you operate with the RR?

/ Newbie,first tractor coming Friday! #5  
Thanks for the welcome guys, and JT I took your advice and looked into the ratchet rake. Read the posts and have just placed an order for a 68" rake. Looks like it is exactly what I need for the briars and honeysuckle. At what engine speed do you operate with the RR?
I run mine around 2000RPM's for almost all work. If I'm going for a heavy load or need a stronger pull/push/lift I increase RPM's but mostly I run around 2000 and moving across property around 1700. Since I run in this range I haven't noticed or it hasn't bothered me as much as others the vibration problem that some complain about. It does vibrate more when it runs over the 2000 to 2200 RPM's but it still doesn't seem really bad on mine. Maybe others are worse than mine. I know some recommend flat out all the time on a diesel but i can't bring myself to do that unless I really need it to keep the tractor from slowing down. I run mine to where there is no slowing or bogging with the job I'm doing, whatever it takes.

/ Newbie,first tractor coming Friday! #6  
Congrats on the New Kubota !!!!